Courtyard Ottawa East
$289
$151
Westin.com
  • Restaurant
The Business Inn & Suites(Ottawa)(Great Value!)
$126
$146
$133
Hotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewsunderground parkingbaseball stadiumbistro restaurantbar sinkst laurenttop floorconference centercourtyard marriottstarbucks coffeeminute drivehuge roomfridge and microwaverooms are spaciousclose to downtowneasy accessrestaurant staffclean hotel
Reviewed March 26, 2013

This is a very nice hotel in a great location. It has a large baseball stadium next door where the Ottawa Fat Cats play. You can usually see some type of ball being played here most nights during the baseball season; very good little league ball being played there. The hotel is very clean, has a great view from the upper floors as well. I would recommend this hotel easily.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Trevor P
Jennifer M, Director of Sales at Courtyard Ottawa East, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

We can't thank you enough for taking the time to share your comments regarding our Ottawa hotel, the Courtyard by Marriott Ottawa East. We take pride in it's location, views and cleanliness - our housekeeping staff is amazing!
Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stayed in this hotel last week.
The employees were friendly and very helpful.
Free parking was a plus.
I left the hotel and was almost at the airport when I realized I left my camera battery and charger in the room. I called and the person who answered the phone said he would look. He found it and had it at the front desk when I came back. This was very important due to me making the flight and saving time coming back to the hotel

The only issue was the parking since it is shared by the convention center and Hampton inn. When I came back from my job there were so many cars coming out I had a issue getting to the parking area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

We appreciate you taking the time to provide comments regarding your experience at our new Ottawa hotel. We are grateful for the amazing staff we have and recognize the value of our complimentary parking. There are times of day, depending on the event in our conference centre whereby cars depart at the same time when a conference ends. It may take a little longer to leave during these times.
Again, thank you for your time and we hope that you will join us again!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Positives: Very convenient location, large rooms, clean, onsite Starbucks, mini mart and large rooms, friendly staff; rooms include mini fridge and microwave.
Downside: Not within walking distance of restaurants or other amenities. When we went the outdoor parking lot was a skating rink and not ususable so we had to park underground. Underground parking was also used for storage so not very impressive. Care should be taken of the exterior as well as the interior of the hotel as everything makes an impression on your guests.
Starbucks can get expensive with a family of four (approx. $40-50.00 for breakfast.

If you have WorkPerks from Venngo use this to get upgraded to a King Suite, Breakfast coupons and additional vouchers. You might have to quote the Perks number but it is well worth it.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Many thanks for your comments regarding our Ottawa hotel. You've pointed out so many of the positive amenities of our hotel in Ottawa. We do recognize your observations of our underground parking with respect to storage. With the addition of our hotel to this property, storage options and solutions have been things we strive to improve. Thank you for pointing it out. Great to hear you're using WorkPerks! For those not members, we have packages that include breakfast that help to offset the cost of breakfast as an additional expense.
Look forward to having you stay with us in the future.
Jennifer

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Parents & us two Kidz, big CLEAN room, king size bed + sofa bed for me. Pool & hot tub on the 15th floor, with view of the City. We booked very late, so all the down town locations, with pricy parking, were booked out for Sat nite. 5 min drive - two exits on the highway - free parking downtown on the w/e's - we did not have a problem, ie never paid for parking... Didn't try the restaurant @ hotel , Dunn's diner on Elgin (220) and Somerset was decent down Town, Oriental House (266 elgin st) nearby was really good with take out, very honest, but so is every thing in Ottawa, so friendly we had a Family friendly holiday.
Front desk were very helpful and friendly, Thank you...

Room Tip: Free parking downtown on the w/e, try near Somerset - on Elgin... in Feb... everybody was really friendly, really...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed in this hotel on a recent business trip to Ottawa. The hotel was great!! The service was excellent - all the staff are very friendly and helpful. Check in and check out were easy and fast.
The room was clean, comfortable, and quiet. The room I got was also great because it came with a small fridge and microwave - which were nice for preparing food when I didn't want to leave the room.
The fitness center has a decent number of good quality cardio-machines. They are set up so you look out the windows when you exercise.
The restaurant in the hotel was enjoyable. It offers a good selection of food and drinks.
I will come to this hotel again, when I return to Ottawa.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor, away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Jennifer M, Director of Sales at Courtyard Ottawa East, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to submit a review. We're very pleased to know you enjoyed your stay. Just so you know for future stays, all of our guest rooms have a mini-fridge and microwave. The fitness centre you referred to is open 24 hours a day.
Look forward to seeing you with us again.
Jennifer