“Fabulous! Truly fabulous!”

Courtyard Ottawa East
Ranked #14 of 67 Hotels in Ottawa
Reviewed November 25, 2012

My husband and I stayed stayed at this hotel on November 24th. Based on the reviews I had read, I knew it would be a pleasing experience. However, our stay was even better than we had anticipated. The cleanliness cannot be compared by any Marriot hotel we stayed before ... especially the washroom. It's truly beautiful! Ruth, at the reception was exceptionally helpful and you could tell that she truly enjoys her job and proud to work for the establishment. Undergrand parking is free and easy. There are elevators which will bring you to your floor. We were very sad to leave this marvellous hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 1220 and there was such a beautiful view of the city ... especially at night.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Maria C
Jennifer M, Director of Sales at Courtyard Ottawa East, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We are so pleased to hear that your stay exceeded your expectations. We have an exceptional housekeeping team who takes pride in ensuring the cleanliness of our hotel, so it's great that you took notice. It's equally as important to us that our associates enjoy their work place and are so glad you made that observation.
Again, many thanks for taking to time to review our hotel and hope to see you soon!

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Ottawa East

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Second time staying at this hotel. First was in September dropping off at university. 5 minute drive to campus and Byward Market and the downtown. Close to shopping and the baseball park. Free wifi, free underground parking, indoor pool etc. rooms are huge with 10-11 foot ceilings.... And comfortable beds. Cant go wrong for the price. If you have a car its perfect

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ngj64

We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at our Courtyard with the Trip Advisor community. Our location certainly offers nearby conveniences and we're glad you could take advantage of them. We're delighted to know you enjoyed our spacious guest rooms and complimentary amenities.
We thank you again for your review and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

I stayed here for one night using marriott reward points I had collected. It's by far the nicest Courtyard I've ever stayed at. I had a room with a king size bed, and it was huge. The kitchenette area was very useful and the bathroom had two showers in it, one was a bathtub/shower and the other was a standalone shower.

The decor is very modern and crisp. The bed was so comfortable and I really wanted to stay for a few more nights.

We ate breakfast at the Bistro by the lobby, (which is basically a glorified Starbucks, so be prepared for pricey meals). It opens at 6 am, perfect if you have to be somewhere early. They offer basic breakfast meals, I had a Breakfast sandwich that was quite good.

The staff were very friendly and quite accomodating for our very late check-in and also allowed us a late-checkout.

The complimentary underground parking was very nice as well.

I would definitely stay here again on my next trip to Ottawa.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank JGuay
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Brand new, I don't know when this hotel was built but it can't be more than a few years old, it still smells new.
Good size rooms, mine had king size bed. Room equipped with small drink fridge and microwave.
Lobby and bar area is spacious. room pricing probably at market .
Overall I'll probably stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Pdorgan
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Stayed 3 nights at the Courtyard, and it's a great hotel. It's new, so everything is modern, clean and spacious. Our room had a king size bed, with a pull out bed from the sofa, a huge living room/office desk area, great view. The room had a kitchenette with stone countertops, sink, fridge and microwave - really convenient since I was travelling with a child. The hotel has a swimming pool/gym on the penthouse (15th floor), and great lounge and restaurante on the main floor, and they serve Starbucks. There is also a mini-market, with all sorts of conveniences for food. Parking is underground and easily accessible from the hotel elevator. This hotel in NOT downtown Ottawa, so some driving is required. It is close to the highways and shopping plazas. From the hotel you can get to anywhere quickly.

Room Tip: 822 was quiet, close to ice/beverage vending machines, and had a nice view.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank CatGal_10
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Stayed in a king bedroom for four nights and felt right at home at this hotel, didn't want to leave. Very spacious, nicely decorated room in soft red and cream tones (a far cry from the usual sterile hotel rooms). Used the laundry room with driers, didn't use the pool but it looked nice. Everything very clean and new, looking forward to staying there again. Nice view, had some minor traffic noise in the evening but very quiet at night. Requested a room away from elevator and didn't hear noises from within the hotel as someone stated. Yes, the fan in the bathroom is very loud, a shame one cannot switch it on and off, but no big deal. Had some food in the bar/restaurant area one evening and both, my caesar salad and the dessert were presented in a hard plastic bowl, I thought that was rather odd, almost off-putting. Check-in was quick, friendly and express check-out. Free newspapers and free computers. In good weather the mall (St. Laurent) is to do on foot, in heavy rain its better to take a taxi. Taxis are present near the entrance of hotel. Oh, and I almost forgot the impeccable job the maid did. I never had to request new towels or else, the mini-kitchen was cleaned every day and coffee/tea refilled. Enjoy your stay.

Room Tip: high floor
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank travreviews
Reviewed September 22, 2012

This hotel really surprised me -- in a good way.
My expectation for a Courtyard Marriott Hotel was something very bland and boring, and uber functional for biz people. Just standard stuff. Reasonably clean but nothing special -- at least that's what I thought.

Boy was I surprised. This is a really nice property and the finishings are very pleasing.

Getting off the elevator (a bit slow moving that elevator was), I was shocked at how wide the hallway was, and light and airy. Also appreciated that ice and soft drink machines were out in the open, not tucked away into a dark room where a female, especially, might feel vulnerable.

My room was massive with really high ceilings, a seating area, huge windows with nice drapery to block out view of parking lot, desk area, closet, huge wet bar area etc.
The room was also immaculate, especially the bathroom (see photos) which gleamed. In fact, this has to be the cleanest room I have ever stayed in.

Heating and air conditioning worked really well and was very quiet, so sleep was no problem.

I loved the natural tones used to furnish the room and found the desert-like colors very relaxing.

I thought the extensive range of food products available by dispensing machines 24/7 on the ground-floor near lobby was a good idea -- especially the many single-serving Hagen-Daz flavours to choose from. Nice touch.

Location wasn't bad - about a $14 cab ride to downtown, one-way.

Great property -- I would stay there again in a heart-beat.

(By the way, was travelling with my parents, who are in their 70s, and they also raved about and enjoyed their own room.)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family