“Brand new hotel”

Ranked #13 of 67 Hotels in Ottawa
Rockford, Illinois
“Brand new hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

This is a brand new hotel. All the latest conveniences, including free, underground parking. The room my husband and I were in was the largest hotel room I have ever had. It was at least 1000 sq ft. The beds were very comfortable. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Kathy W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

The room was large size very nicely done. The bed was a pleasure to sleep. The shower was new a clean. The shower head is great. The hotel was very great experience for me.
The restaurant down stairs is a different story. Micro Wave oven food at a 5 star price. My food was cold and frozen in the middle. When I complained the manger was very nice to me and offer to give me a certificate for next time. Thanks but not going there again, not even for free.

Room Tip: Great hotel, go out for food.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Harry F
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

Nice modern facility, very clean and modern. We took an executive room with a king bed. There are 6 of these per floor and 3 abut the elevators (ours was one) and you can hear the elevators all day which is like a high pitched whine. One of the 3 elevators broke during our stay (not the one abutting our room unfortunately) which made the issue worse. It wasn't that loud just loud enough to be annoying. They neglected to make up our room on Sunday. The maid came at 9AM and I asked her to come back later which she never did. I had to make the bed and tidy up since we had company coming over. The staff was very apologetic and brought some clean towels and coffee, The restaurant is very spartan with a limited but quite good selection. They serve Starbucks coffee and it would not surprise me if Starbucks ran it as well. The pool and spa on the top floor are very nice with gorgeous views. There is ample free parking and free internet as well. The room was very spacious and except for the elevator noise was quite nice. There are 3 other executive rooms opposite the elevators which may be quieter except for people making noise waiting for the elevator. The facility connects to a convention center which if there is an event booked would make the hotel very busy (it was empty when we were there).

Room Tip: If you select an executive room see if the noise of the elevator that abuts it is bothersome. If so...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Thundarr357
tweed
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

We very much enjoyed our stay, staff is first class, everything was perfect the room was better than expected. We will go back again. the hotel is in a good location as there is so much to do close by, wifi is the fastest i have ever hooked up to.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank jamie c
Montreal, Quebec
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

The hotel is brand new. I would swear that I was the first guest to use the room. Everything was immaculate. Large room decorated in tans and dark reds. Large flat screen TV. Mini-kitchen with bar fridge, sink and microwave. Coffee maker. Large bathroom with the standard amenities. Good work area with free Wi-Fi. Bed and pillows were very comfortable.
Check-in was fine. Free parking in an indoor garage.

Stuff that bugged me:
The parking area for the hotel in the garage is 2 levels down in the back and there are a huge number of pillars that make everything feel closed-in. Entry/egress is less than convenient.
Access to the elevator is through a door that's hard to use when you are loaded down with luggage.
They use compact neon lighting in all the fixtures in the room and they've chosen a very blue/white light. I found it institutional and cold.
I knew that I was right next to the 417 so I asked for a quiet room and they gave me one that was at the end of the hall facing the Riverside Drive exit ramp from the 417. I could hear traffic from 5:30 am. If that was a quiet room, I'd hate to be in a noisy one.
Their free in-room coffee maker only makes 1 cup at a time and it was only stocked with a single serving of regular coffee. I couldn't have a second cup and if I had traveled with a companion, one of us would have been out of luck.
Overall the hotel was acceptable but I'm not sure it's worth the premium over the Hampton Inn, owned by the same company, next door.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank MarcC
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

We stayed at the Courtyard for a week and we were impressed.
Bran new,super clean, very spacious, nicely decorated.
Staff very kind.Easy check-in & check out.
Newspaper every morning, free wi-fi, work station,good size flatscreen.Recycling bin.
Walking distance to the St-Laurent shopping center (about 10 minutes walk).
We had a view on the Stadium (and the highway).
Free underground parking.
Fitness center,restaurant,Strabucks coffee...
This hotel has it all if you don't want to be downtown.

Go for it!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank NG_Travel
Miami Fl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

The hotel is relatively new. It is about 10 minutes from downtown Ottawa, not at walking distance you will need a car, public transportation or a taxi (fare around $17 CAD each way). The hotel staff is very nice and friendly. The hotel is located next to a minor league baseball stadium and it was built on my opinion to host big conventions and events. The room is very clean and the bathroom is impeccable clean, the room is big and very comfortable. The breakfast was not included on my rate, but the local restaurant has a very good and economic breakfast menu (coffee is free). Internet was included and the parking is free. I am really impressed with this Court Yard by Marriot hotel. Highly recommended, if you do not need to stay in downtown.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family