“Sandwiches for three”

Ranked #451 of 2,983 Restaurants in Ottawa
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I was in Ottawa for a shoot last week and since we had not seen our daughter my wife came along and we spent the day after the shoot hanging out in the rain. We all love our food and our daughter said there was quite a bit of buzz about this place. We arrived at 1PM and had three great sandwiches my Tuscan was bursting with cheese and prosciutto. Very tasty indeed. The only negative things were they had run out of a number of their offerings and the restaurant could have been a little less run down. The sofa we had to sit on was falling apart. Will make a return visit on our next Ottawa visit.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

I saw Pressed featured on You Gotta Eat Here. By fluke the episode aired just before I was to go to Ottawa. After dropping my bags at my hotel I walked straight to the restaurant (25 minutes away). It was well worth the trip. The menu is well balanced for carnivores, vegetarians and vegans. Julia; one of two very friendly staff; was thrilled to hear that I had chosen their place because of the publicity from the TV show. She paired a perfect beer selection to go with the Pulled Wild Boar sandwich. It was a fabulous combo and was just the right amount of food for lunch. Prices were very reasonable. The atmosphere is very simple and relaxed. Pretentious foodies who demand the decor satisfy their sensibilities need not bother annoying the rest of us with their presence. Will definitely return to this hidden gem.

1  Thank Paul L
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Finally made it here. Atmosphere is student living room ...but it works. Had the waffle eggs Benedict with house made bacon. Sounds kinda weird bit is was good. Hollandaise was good...so often it's a downfall. Pretty good capacino.will definitely go back.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Waffles and beef brisket are delicious. Coffee is outstanding. Very resonably priced. Strange concoction with the waffles but absolutely delicious!!

1  Thank Sandymomof3_12
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I originally came here as part of Found magazine's cross-continent tour and decided to have dinner as well. I'm so glad I did as this spot's now become a favourite. Small but cozy, this sandwich (and waffles on weekends!) shop is a wonderful spot to spend a few hours catching up and chowing down.

The beef brisket, pulled pork, and trout sandwiches are all outstanding and the caesar salad is one of the best I've ever had. The spicy sweet potato chips that come with every sandwich are sometimes a bit too greasy but habit-forming nonetheless. The waffles are good (though not as filling as the sandwiches) and I'm drooling just thinking about the sour cherry/hot sauce combo that I had with my last order.

Cheerful service, kitschy atmosphere, fair prices and good food. Pressed is definitely a neighbourhood favourite.

1  Thank LowLevelRebel