“A bit pricey for portion sizes”

Fatboys Southern Smokehouse
Ranked #22 of 2,786 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Fatboys Southern Smokehouse combines southern hospitality, biker ambiance, and good 'ol fashioned, slow and low cooked BBQ. Ready for some good, home cookin'? We're waiting for you at Fatboys!
“A bit pricey for portion sizes”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Deep fried pickles were excellent. You get eight spears for $9. Had half pound beef brisket with average sized portion of mac and cheese and very small piece of cornbread as sides for $22. Trimmed quite a bit of fat off brisket but overall was pleased with quality. Would have liked a bit more of everything for $22. Service was friendly and efficient. Overall would recommend it.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Toronto, Canada
“Great Flavours!”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

We stopped in Ottawa for lunch on the way back from a ski trip. We were four people and we all loved it! The ribs were melt in your mouth delicious! The smoked chicken wings were great too a was the pulled pork. The fried chicken was too dry and overfried. The mashed potatoes were mediocre (but who is there for the sides). The mac and cheese was tasty and so were the baked beans. I loved the suicide sauce, it's not too spicy, just right! It is a bit expensive for a lunch but I will definitely be stopping back here!

Ottawa, Canada
“Overrated and overpriced.”
Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

I attended a birthday party on a Saturday night with a large group. I wanted the cat fish but they were all out, the waiter asked me if I would like the salmon instead and I said yes without realizing it was about double the price. The cocktails were also out of this world expensive. 12$ for a very small " spiked sweet tea". The sides were extremely small as well. Both my fiance and I found the food to be good but over priced and salty. There was also a band playing VERY loudly so no one could hear each other which really made the dinner less enjoyable. I would not recommend Fatboys and will not return. Go to a better quality restaurant, have a full meal for the same price.

Ottawa, Canada
“Wonderful Southern Barbecue”
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

I have eaten her several times. The atmosphere is fun and comfortable. The servers are friendly and very accommodating. The food is fantastic. I have had the ribs and the pulled pork - both melt-your-mouth! I like that you can customize your meal with whatever sides you choose. Try the bacon Mac and cheese, the corn bread with maple butter and/or the beans with pulled pork. Absolutely delicious! The bonus is that they have great live music in the evenings.

Visited February 2014
Toronto
“Nice Change”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Instead of another Pub for lunch we decided to go for some "Bar Bee Cue." Nice southern flavour BBQ, which you dont find so much in Canada, actually if you told me I was in the states I would have believed you.

The food was good, the atmosphere was fun, it would be a great place to go and watch the game or hangout with friends anytime. I won't forget this place the next time I'm in town.

• Visited February 2014