“Brisket melts in your mouth”

Fatboys Southern Smokehouse
Ranked #24 of 2,823 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Fatboys Southern Smokehouse combines southern hospitality, biker ambiance, and good 'ol fashioned, slow and low cooked BBQ. Ready for some good, home cookin'? We're waiting for you at Fatboys!
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I give this place two thumbs up. The brisket is to die for. It literally melts in your mouth. My wife had the ribs and enjoyed them as well. We had the mac & cheese for our sides. It was very good. I love how they have 3 kinds of BBQ sauce as well. My favourite is the yellow mustardy one. I found the drink menu quite small unless you like bourbon, but they have Keith's cider so we were happy.

Tip: Save room for desert... they have deep fried oreo cookies

Reviewed January 20, 2014

This restaurant was ok, I don't think I'll be back. I had the pulled pork sandwich, the pork itself was very good, tender, there was no sauce on the pork...they have some on the table so you can pick which bbq sauce you want, if any. The mac and cheese was totally disappointing!! It's macaroni with a white sauce that they topped with a little grated cheese, I think I got 3 bacon crumbles in it :(. Also, I know it's more of a bourbon place, but since I don't like bourbon (don't know too many women that do) I found the beer selection to be quite poor. On the plus side, I found the prices to be very good for being downtown.

Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

We came in at at slow time but the drinks were tasty, food was good and the service was personal and exceptional. We were lucky enough to talk to the owner and the pit chief who took a lot of pride in the place and it showed from the menu variety, the food and the customer satisfaction. This is definitely a BBQ joint but it had enough on the menu to satisfy the vegetarians in our family and it was a pleasant atmosphere. If you had one meal to go to in Ottowa this might not be the quintessential location, but if you have more than opportunity to eat in town, I would seek it out. That waitstaff, kitchen and owner really made our good meal great!

Reviewed November 29, 2013

Definitely, try the sliders. The chicken sliders were particularly good. The massive smoker next to the kitchen rocks and when the pit master opens her up, the delicious smell of the smoke gets the juices flowing. Awesome, attentive and enthusiastic service. We'll done!

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Fatboys theme is based on the motorcycle culture and you can often find bikes parked just outside the front patio. The food is plentiful (I tend to go there on an "All you can eat" Rib Nghts) and very tasty. My experience with the servers has been very positive as they are fun, relaxed and contribute to an enjoyable experience.
This place has cold beer, great food, fun staff and a relaxed atmosphere. My kind of place!