“Just Awful”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 12, 2013

The worst burger I've ever eaten. I think my shoe would have been more enjoyable. If you want to eat a really awful, expensive burger - this is the place to go. The service is so slow and my server was extremely rude and impolite. BEWARE!

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Went late one dinner hour after getting home from a trip. Burgers are very tasty...better than the works burgers, although wish they had turkey. Wold like a few other topping flavours just for variety. Buns are huge but flavorful, fries are tasty. We were the only table so we had the chance to chat with the very friendly server. The have a great beer list and a not bad
It's of wine by the glass ( have this over the works by a mile). Hoe they stick around, but Manotick is hard on most restaurants.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stopped in on a Sunday afternoon; the place was almost empty. The waitress was friendly and she combined some selections in a way that saved us money (nice). However, the kitchen was slow and that took some of the gleam off. The food was fine; substantial comfort food, much better than fast food burgers. The restaurant vibe was clean, cheerful and down to earth. We'd return. Do not expect anything epicurean; this place is simply solid food nicely served.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

It was snowing, we were hungry and had no idea where to go to eat. We stopped in a neighborhood bar and struck up a conversation with some friendly folks who recommended BOM which was on the same block. It is in an old brick house, nicely renovated. It was warm and friendly and we found the burger selections unique. Of course there were tons of frites included on the plate.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Not sure where these other reviewers normally eat but I'm a bit surprised by some of the bad reviews.

First of all, if you think $13 for a FRESH, handmade hamburger platter made with meat from the local butcher is outrageous, you should probably stick to the chain restaurants. I know a lot of places where you can get a burger shaped like a bear paw. As for the frozen french fry comments, I found these ones more of a delicious chip stand quality, but I'm hardly a connoisseur in that area so I will hold back on fully endorsing them. The accompanying sauce was a nice touch, though.

We were the first to arrive at 11:30 and had a reasonably paced meal in under an hour. Great beers on tap, and the waitress was friendly. By the time we left, the restaurant was more than half full with a few large parties and workers there for lunch. Seems like a pretty good sign to me.

The only suggestion I have for them is to update their website! It is the same as it was when they first opened, you don't have your hours listed, and there are spelling mistakes. Word of mouth isn't enough to keep a place going anymore, and this location has changed hands many times. I will be recommending it to anyone passing through Manotick, I know we will definitely be back!