“Safe bet for families”

Scores
Ranked #1,219 of 2,882 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 13, 2013

This restaurant is a safe bet for families for for workday lunches. It is large so there is rarely a wait for a table. The lunch menu is pretty good value for money. If you like Swiss Chalet, you will probably like Scores. The food and ambience are very similar. I'm not a fan of salad bars, so I can't say much about that, but it seems to be popular feature of this restaurant.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I have eaten several times at this restaurant and quite frankly I have never had a bad dining expirience. I have noticed that the crowds have dropped off considerably since the restaurant has opened, thus no worry with lineups. We arrived at 5 pm on a Sunday and were seated immediately. Our waitress was very polite and attentive. Great service. No complaints with the chicken dinner or the salad bar. The chicken noodle soup from the salad bar was very delicious. My only complaint is that people should monitor their kids better and not let them go back to the salad bar with their dirty plates. Despite this shortcoming I will be a repeat customer.

3  Thank PMedKing
Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

Service was good. Our waiter was friendly and attentive.

It was fairly steady when we went, which makes me wonder how they got our food so quick to us. Couldn't have been more then 5 minutes after we ordered. The food actually came before our drinks. Which makes me assume they have a lot of pre made food sitting in the kitchen. And that's exactly how everything tasted.

It was definitely food from a box. I've never seen a more processed hamburger then what I was served. Did not taste that good even by frozen box standards. The chocolate milk was made with Nesquik. And definitely not enough Nesquik, it was tan colored not brown and tasted like regular milk. Clubhouse sandwich was very dry and the fries tasted like frozen bagged fries.

This is the type of food I would expect from a truck stop. Will absolutely not return.

2  Thank DK154
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Although Scores is known for its chicken and ribs, they also offer an extensive salad bar. Since we're vegetarian, we always choose the salad bar option, which includes two kinds of soup. Unfortunately, the last time neither one of the soups were vegetarian, which was very disappointing. Although we enjoy the extensive selection in the salad, not having the soup really took away from the meal. On the plus side, you can fill your plate as often as you wish, and the salad bar includes pasta, couscous, potato salad, a variety of vegetables and salad dressings. It is also possible to order baked potatoes as a separate item, which compliments the salad nicely. For meat lovers who love their chicken and/or ribs, there are lots of options.
This is definitely a family restaurant and can sometimes be a bit noisy.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Thought this might be a sports bar, but it was more family friendly. They offered a great salad and fruit bar free if you chose the chicken, a small additional fee if you chose anything else on the menu. Had the 1/4 chicken white meat and the meat was very moist and very plump, lots of meat. Much better that the other two chicken rotisserie restaurants.