“So cheap for big portions”
Review of Di Rienzo Deli

Di Rienzo Deli
Ranked #152 of 2,767 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Italian
“So cheap for big portions”
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

The sandwiches are huge and they are only $5!

There is always a huge line but it's always really quick. The staff is very friendly whenever I'm in there.

I would def recommend this place!

• Visited May 2013

Ottawa, Canada
“What a fantastic experience - From Start to Finish!”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

My children had originally request that we visit a food truck for lunch - as our search got hampered with out any luck I decided to take them to Di Rienzo's instead. From the minute we walked into this deli the aromas of the old world transport you back to somewhere far away from here. It is truly an experience in itself as you progress slowly through this long line that wraps around this small little deli. You pick out your own pre-selected bun and hand it to an attendant behind the deli counter with your order. What friendly people - even during the hectic lunch hour rush!. We had five deli sandwiches to go (took them to the park across the street where we sat down and enjoyed our meals on a city picnic table). The sandwiches are very large and well stuffed so you will be completely satisfied with your meal. The also make amazing cannoli's which I regularly pick up for special occasions when I'm entertaining at home. Overall, great experience, excellent value and priceless bonding time with my children.

• Visited August 2013
Ottawa, Canada
“Best sandwich and value in town”
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

It is not much to look at, but if you are looking for a simple to-go sandwich for $5, this is the place! The meat is generous and fresh, great topping, good buns. The service is quick and friendly despite the long lines. I will continue to go back.

• Visited July 2013
orleans, on, ca
“Support for others”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I first suggested this deli for listing but then never got back to the review. I support the excellent comments of the others here. It is a gem. It looks like an old corner store. It doesn't improve much inside. But the sandwiches are outstanding. Worth a trip for sure. When I was there, they did not have the hot cutlet sandwiches I have only found in Toronto, but otherwise....

• Visited July 2012
“A Wonderful Discovery”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

My son raved about this 'restaurant' and my friend went there to get takeout for a picnic we were going on. So, imagine my surprise when I went there weeks later to discover that it was not a restaurant at all but a grocery store and deli. This hole in the wall place was not what I was expecting. Had they put together our fantastic picnic lunch? Yes! It is now one of my favourite takeout places.

• Visited September 2012