“Best Steakhouse”

Rose Bowl Chophouse & Lounge
Ranked #259 of 2,746 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Newly renovated and re-opened.
“Best Steakhouse”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

I took my wife to Rose Bowl for dinner last night. The atmosphere was amazing and I loved the decor. The waiter was very pleasant and talkative and attentive to our every need. The food was absolutely amazing. The filet mignon was cooked and flavoured to perfection melting in my mouth. The lobster ravioli was to die for!!!! All in all, for the price of the meal, I have to rate it as one of the best restaurants that I have been too in Ottawa. I will definitely be going back!!!!

• Visited May 2014

Ancaster, Canada
“Great Steak House”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

A fine dining experience, very similar to a Ruth Chris. great steak and wine relaxed and very pleasant atmosphere. I was in Ottawa on business and had and enjoyable dinner for one. The waiter was great. A bit pricy but worth every penny.

• Visited March 2014
“Service was lousy”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We arrived on time for our reservations, ladies waited inside while the guys parked the car, I overheard the host saying he had a table for four- if I hadn't spoken up our table would have been given away. It took 15 min for someone to arrive to take drink orders, It took 35min for one small glass. Everyone else's drinks arrived in 20 min. The food was good but I've had better, I ordered the salmon, it came with 1 carrot and 1 broccoli floret and tbsp of squash I had to repeatedly ask for water throughout the whole dinner. We never did get our bread that was supposed to be served with sitting. But they sure were quick to give the bill and wait for the money and tip. For two of us the bill was close to $ 100 We did go on New Years Eve for dinner, but the restaurant should have accounted for the busy evening . Would I return - not a chance - there are lots of restaurants in Ottawa where the food is just as tasty or even better and the service 100%
better

• Visited December 2013
“Pleasantly surprised!!”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Parents visiting from Toronto and growing tired of turkey between Christmas and New Years and looking for some red meat..where to go that was close, had easy access and most importantly, decent food? Rejected the usual steak houses as they refused reservations on Friday night and started looking through Trip Advisor reviews. The Rose Bowl came up as a viable option. Now, boys and girls, Madame X arrived in 'boredom on the Rideau' as it was once known more than 30 years ago. Where did she lay her head upon first arriving? Why the Webb's Motel on Carling Ave! And that is where you will find the Rose Bowl. ( it was down the street all those years ago) I haven't been near the place in years and was amazed at the transformation! It has been updated in a way that might not be to everyone's taste but it is clean and quiet and I LOVE the booths! But what I REALLY love is the food. Good, honest steak house fare! Delicious spinach salad with sautéed mushrooms for me and pear, walnut, Roquefort salad for the parents and good, garlicky escargots for Monsieur X. The mains were served, three filet mignons and a salmon fillet all perfectly done with the steak being melt in your mouth perfect. Yes, you pay extra for the potato sides but all portions are enough for two and they are not that expensive. The service was attentive and kind. The washrooms are gorgeous! There is also a private dining room for up to ten people. Kids, you all know that MadameX can be very fussy about her eats as well as service and value and I have to say that the Rose Bowl delivers in all areas. Yup, gotta say that if you are looking for a decent steak in a pleasant atmosphere with good service this is your place.
I do love a fancy haute cuisine resto but sometimes I gotta have my steak, so glad it's just down the street!!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank MadameX27
“WOW”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I went to the Rosebowl for a family dinner and we all had amazing steaks. The steaks all came cooked the way we like them and they melted in our mouth with flavour. Someone ordered the chicken dish and it was die to for. The service was very attentive and friendly. I would definitely go back to the Rosebowl for a birthday party or a family function.

• Visited September 2013