“If you like bbq, you'll like this place.”
Review of The Smoque Shack

The Smoque Shack
Ranked #70 of 2,785 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Barbecue, Jamaican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Ottawa, Canada
“If you like bbq, you'll like this place.”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We had a really long wait for the table, but once seated, the service was excellent. I would recommend reservations on the weekend. BBQ is not my favourite - went with others, but my meal was tasty (bbq 1/4 chicken). Food & drinks were both reasonably priced. Nice place to visit with family or friends.

Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
“Worth the wait for some tasty BBQ”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We checked out all the reviews and ventured downtown for some BBQ on the Canada day week-end. A short wait for a table, a little longer wait for our food, but in the end it was worth it. We tried the brisket, poutine (with pulled pork), jerk chicken, pulled chicken sandwich and house salad. It was all excellent. The jerk chicken could be considered a little dry since it did not have a sauce. The had a selection of local craft beers. I liked the fact that the sides could be ordered separately. That kept the price down, because we usually don't finish the sides. The final cost for a family of four was only $66 plus tip. That seemed a like a great deal given the amount of good food we had.

Shanghai Region, China
“A waistline buster!”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

This place has a great menue for those of us who like southern style barbecue. Our group of four tried the brisket, the baby back ribs, and the pulled pork and everyone was happy. The jalapeno corn bread could have used a little more zip and the southern style greens had a little too much juice. But the tastes were all good and as a lover of Mill Street beers, I love that this place has them on tap. Big portions, relaxed atmos. A great place for a group of friends to pig out!

Ottawa, Canada
“Tasty BBQ”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

went there for Father's Day with the family. Seemed to be something to appeal to everyone. My wife had the wings which were tasty, two sons had pulled pork poutine which was massive and they loved it (although Smoke's Poutine also in the market does a better job on the gravy side), my daughter had the beef rib tips which were succulent and I had Jerk Pork which was very hot and not pulled, therefore a bit less tender. Service was good although it was a bit quiet by the time we got there around 2pm. Would recommend it to anyone with a taste for BBQ and feeling carnivorous (they did have a vegetarian offering as well though).

Ontario
“the fries and onion rings will make me come back!”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

So a group of us went here for dinner and a bday thing and had a great time!

A couple of us got there early so we sat in the front and had wine and shared small fries - the fries are soooo good - the seasoning is super yummy!

As a vegetarian, I was sooo happy that they had a tofu burger... it was delicious - even for non vegetarians, I think you would like it!

Surprisingly the things I liked the least were the type of things one would expect to be great from this kind of place - I found the corn bread too sweet, the mac and cheese lacked flavor and the coleslaw was drenched in dressing.

But the fries, onions rings, drinks, tofu burger - awesome! The rest of the group really seemed to enjoy their main meals too.... all meat... all good.

The service was great too - the staff was very accommodating, cheerful, allowed us to bring a cake etc.

I would go back .... great local place with pretty good food.

• Visited June 2013

Been to The Smoque Shack? Share your experiences!