“we enjoy this place”

Funhaven Entertainment Centre
Ranked #21 of 67 Fun & Games in Ottawa
More attraction details
Owner description: Funhaven is Ottawa's newest and best all-ages entertainment centre destination. We offer Ottawa's only roller coaster, a world-class Laser Tag Arena, the latest high-tech Mini Bowling Lanes, Video and Prize Games, Simulators, crazy fun Bumper Cars, Mission Impossible style Laser Frenzy, and for the little ones a separate gated area that features a jungle gym with built-in Ballocity cannons. Whatever you consider fun, you'll find more of it at Funhaven, The Fun Experts!
Reviewed September 22, 2013

my daughter really enjoys this place and it feels safe and clean, it is a fun way for the kids to spend an afternoon. like all places like this, it is set up to eat your money so be prepared. I like this place along with the midway place because they do not charge the parents to be there, it is free for the parents to walk around and just watch the kids and you can buy different size options depending on what your child or parent likes to do. (cosmic adventures charges every one just to enter the building). I have a few small concerns that have come up during our several trips here,,,the first being that they do not offer the lazer tag option during the busy times as part of the package deal,,you have to buy each game a la carte and this really adds up fast(the lazer tag here is really good).. also the birthday party people show up and enter the ride first and the people already waiting have to hope to get on the ride or whatever(this driver me nuts waiting for the lazer tag and then 15 kids show up from a birthday and take over the game)--bumper cars same thing. my last issue is line holding,,one person waits in line and when they get close to the front someone from their family or group shows up and gets in line with the person(this happens on the bumper car line all the time). this drives me nuts. overall this place is pretty good and aside from these few concerns is a good time for the kids.

3  Thank familymanNewLiskeard

Reviewed July 10, 2013

I took the kids here because we were stuck in a hotel in Ottawa, it was rainy and we really needed something fun to do. I am from America and the malls are not what I am used to, so finally we found this place. I bought the promotion online. It was an off peak time so the offer was every 20 dollars you spent, you got an extra 20 plus 5 dollars in gaming, basically doubling your value. I don't think I would have gone without this promotion, it would have cost over $100 for a couple hours, but with the promotion it was acceptable. I had the kids get the 29 dollar everything included package because we knew they wanted to play a lot of laser tag and otherwise it is $6 per person, per game. So with the promotion, that was like 15 dollars each . They loved the laser tag facility, but I cannot comment on it because I didn't go in. They liked it better than other laser tag we have been to. There were a lot of obnoxious kids on a field trip, but that is to be expected and not the businesses fault. My baby was kept entertained by the area they had for him, 6.99 for a one year old to play, eh, ok, I paid it but not a good value with all the rest I spent. They have food and coffee and a yogurt bar, which was closed when we went. They have 19 and over night on the weekend, and oh yeah, they also serve beer. So decent value with promotion, fun time, but for double the price, I probably would have passed.

2  Thank LaxBosRdu
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I took my son here one evening. We were visiting Ottawa and it is always difficult when you travel to find something to do in the evening with young children who wont sit through a movie. So I was excited to find that Funhaven was open late most evenings. It is a quick easy drive from downtown. There is a lot of potential here, but I was disappointed. I took my son into the Jungle Gym and Ballocity- a big climbing structure with balls that are shot from cannons, travel up pipes, etc. Well, none of the features worked- the cannons didnt work, the hoses were all jammed up with balls, you pressed on buttons and nothing happened. One of the employees was playing with one of the children and seemed to be upset that I was interrupting her playtime to ask why everything was stuck or broken, to which she replied "Maybe after a certain hour it gets shut off"- to which I wanted to reply "well then maybe after a certain hour I shouldnt pay to enter here" but instead I politely asked her to find someone who could answer. A few minutes later she came back and same someone would come over to look into it, but that everything should be working. A gentleman did start to tinker with things, until he was needed to operate the bumper cars or the climbing wall or one of many other tasks he was also responsible for. My son had quickly got bored of the non-working play structure and wanted to leave. Instead we played mini bowling, which is great for the young kids, and some other video games, but I just felt like I wasted my money and that the employees didn't really care about the condition of things...

6  Thank Joshdent
Reviewed May 7, 2013

A bit expensive after a few hours but it was worth the fun and I would definitely go back when I get rich... But overall the place was clean and well kept/maintained. The staff was helpful and friendly. Like... Like....

1  Thank Ewoman99
Reviewed February 22, 2013

After spending New Years in the capital we decided to hit up Funhaven for some Lazer tag! The place is great and they service beer!!!! we had a group of 9 and we paid for 3 games that had specific times. We missed out of the one game because no one showed up to let us in to play and their attitude was oh well....
The rest of the place was fun, lots of games and silly prizes.

On Saturday nights they have Adults only time

1  Thank jazanimal
Funhaven, Owner at Funhaven Entertainment Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Thanks for visiting us, and for posting your thoughts here! We're not sure why you were not met by an attendant, but that would definitely be a poor experience. We work hard to have the friendliest and best staff in the industry, and we're sure that whenever you visit us again, you'll find staff to be friendly, attentive, and present!