“A little disappointed...”

Funhaven Entertainment Centre
Ranked #22 of 67 Fun & Games in Ottawa
More attraction details
Owner description: Funhaven is Ottawa's newest and best all-ages entertainment centre destination. We offer Ottawa's only roller coaster, a world-class Laser Tag Arena, the latest high-tech Mini Bowling Lanes, Video and Prize Games, Simulators, crazy fun Bumper Cars, Mission Impossible style Laser Frenzy, and for the little ones a separate gated area that features a jungle gym with built-in Ballocity cannons. Whatever you consider fun, you'll find more of it at Funhaven, The Fun Experts!
New Haven, Connecticut
63 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 177 helpful votes
“A little disappointed...”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I took my son here one evening. We were visiting Ottawa and it is always difficult when you travel to find something to do in the evening with young children who wont sit through a movie. So I was excited to find that Funhaven was open late most evenings. It is a quick easy drive from downtown. There is a lot of potential here, but I was disappointed. I took my son into the Jungle Gym and Ballocity- a big climbing structure with balls that are shot from cannons, travel up pipes, etc. Well, none of the features worked- the cannons didnt work, the hoses were all jammed up with balls, you pressed on buttons and nothing happened. One of the employees was playing with one of the children and seemed to be upset that I was interrupting her playtime to ask why everything was stuck or broken, to which she replied "Maybe after a certain hour it gets shut off"- to which I wanted to reply "well then maybe after a certain hour I shouldnt pay to enter here" but instead I politely asked her to find someone who could answer. A few minutes later she came back and same someone would come over to look into it, but that everything should be working. A gentleman did start to tinker with things, until he was needed to operate the bumper cars or the climbing wall or one of many other tasks he was also responsible for. My son had quickly got bored of the non-working play structure and wanted to leave. Instead we played mini bowling, which is great for the young kids, and some other video games, but I just felt like I wasted my money and that the employees didn't really care about the condition of things...

Visited May 2013
6 Thank Joshdent

Ottawa, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“It was a blast....”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

A bit expensive after a few hours but it was worth the fun and I would definitely go back when I get rich... But overall the place was clean and well kept/maintained. The staff was helpful and friendly. Like... Like....

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Ewoman99
Bancroft, Ontario
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“LAZER TAG”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

After spending New Years in the capital we decided to hit up Funhaven for some Lazer tag! The place is great and they service beer!!!! we had a group of 9 and we paid for 3 games that had specific times. We missed out of the one game because no one showed up to let us in to play and their attitude was oh well....
The rest of the place was fun, lots of games and silly prizes.

On Saturday nights they have Adults only time

Visited January 2013
1 Thank jazanimal
Funhaven, Owner at Funhaven Entertainment Centre, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thanks for visiting us, and for posting your thoughts here! We're not sure why you were not met by an attendant, but that would definitely be a poor experience. We work hard to have the friendliest and best staff in the industry, and we're sure that whenever you visit us again, you'll find staff to be friendly, attentive, and present!
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Family fun”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We've been a few times and are usually sweating by the end as well as broke. This place is mostly for kids who are five plus. They have a mini indoor park area but it's not very bug and the kids get fed up quickly. There are several activities including,
* Climbing Wall
* Skill Games & Prizes
* Typhoon
* Video Games and Simulators
* Bumper Cars
The laser tag is my favorite, its actually a big space hidden in the corner. The games are fun and somewhat addictive. Bowling is always fun, quick games but great for the kids. they have packages available including special. the food is not high on my list and be careful where you park, last time we got a ticket.

Visited November 2012
2 Thank cjddmm
Thanks for posting your comments to TripAdvisor! We are an all ages facility with multiple attractions that suit each age group. Since your last visit, we have added a toddler play area, and several more games and improvements to enhance our offerings. Hopefully by your next return, we will also have a larger revamped kitchen with more high quality food and beverage options. We hope to see you again soon.
Ottawa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Customer Service!”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Had my end of daycare bash there today. Prompt and helpful response with my email correspondence with Lydia Klein, explaining all I have to know with regards to rates, schedules, etc. They had separate check in area for parties/field trips/groups which I found helped a great deal with the flow of people. The reps at check in are very helpful, too. Mike, our party host, and his team, was the best! He explained everything clearly to all the kids and took care of us when it came to our scheduled laser tag sessions and meals. Exceeded all expectations! Now if they only put more people in the redemption area where kids redeem their tickets, everything would be perfect :)

Visited July 2012