“Wonderful service!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 16, 2012

I've been to the Fikin & Flyer many times over the last year and the food is pretty good (sometimes excellent), but what makes it such a nice experience is the excellence of the service - never once have we had a poor server. All are superbly capable, friendly and a joy to deal with (Marie especially - she's truly amazing) and elevate an already pretty good dining experience. The interior can get a bit noisy during busy periods but the patio brings the din down quite a bit (except for the occasional plane landing!), and is a great place to hang out. The only knock I can find is the extra charges for just about every little extra that can quickly push a reasonable bill to over $20 in a heartbeat, but that's a corporate policy and not a reflection of the lovely people working there.

1  Thank Heidi W

Reviewed June 3, 2012

I've been at the firkin few times, Enjoyable and excellent service.
I don't know it is like that because it is still new or that's their level of service standards.
The staff is friendly and the food is excellent.
Try the fish and chips no disappointment there

1  Thank Me M
Reviewed April 13, 2012

I picked my daughter up at Canada Post on Riverside Drive one night in February, as we were going to visit my Step mother at her Retirement Residence on Hunt Club Road. We had gone right from my daughters work previously only to find that my Step mother was at her meal when we arrived. This time, we thought we would eat first and get there when she had finished also. The Firkin & Flyer Pub was on our way, so we thought we would try it. Once again, the staff were very friendly, the food - BIG PORTIONS, and excellent - and although at the time of year we visited, it was dark and cold. We have to return many times this summer, as they have a large deck, and it would be nice to sit and watch the airplanes coming in and taking off as it is close enough, but far enough away not to be noisy. Good prices too.

Reviewed February 8, 2012

Been here a few times... always an enjoyable experience. The slightly upscale pub fare is delicious, the staff friendly, the bartenders top notch and fun, and the owners very nice. Large selection of draft, and a good variety of specialty drinks. Can't wait for the huge patio to open at the end of the runway!

Reviewed December 4, 2011

Went with friends early last month for drinks and a bite to eat on a Friday night. We wanted to see if this could turn into a weekly spot to meet. Too sum it up, a very average experience. Worst part of the visit was speaking with the manager/owner. He was none to eager to reciprocate in a conversation with us. As well, we overheard management arguing with a server which really didn't add to the experience. Server was a decent guy.

3  Thank pjonesottawa