“Hats off to the owner !”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Baker Street Cafe

Baker Street Cafe
Ranked #48 of 2,726 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Ottawa, Canada
“Hats off to the owner !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

I was hesitant a couple if years back when this new owner bought the place. Quality in fact instantly plummeted. But wait, then the owner "got it". No skimping here and no shortcuts. For example: fresh, not bucket fruit and when I told him that especially in winter, people will appreciate more that unripe melon and banana as "fruit salad", the next week there were fresh berries. Seems minor perhaps, but a sign that to him details matter. He showed great desire to succeed and succeed he did. Got the place back to the status it had: one of Ottawa's best breakfast places ever.

Kudos to the owner who showed entrepreneurial savvy, a commitment to quality and a desire and ability to listen to customer feedback. Rare but critical abilities today. Take a bow.

Food is prepared "minute", the cinnamon rolls (their claim to fame) are unquestionably decadent and even their coffee (the only thing the last owners missed on) is much better.

Wait can be a little long on weekends but worth it and a true sign of faithful locals. Go and enjoy ! But you just better have an empty stomach ... :-)

1 Thank Jean-Marc D

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“Good breakfast huge portions.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

I had the breakfast special with pancakes. The homefries are made with red and green pepper as well as onions. The pancakes were very tasty . They were served with icing sugar on top and real maple syrup. The breakfast sausage was beautifully spiced with a nice peppery after taste. On top of all of this there was a delicious fruit salad and homemade bread. My only complaint would be that my water glass was never refilled and the table cloth was dirty and coffee stained.

• Visited September 2013
“A breakfast Unlike Any Other!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

I opted for the special which was fall off the bone tender pork hocks, eggs, fruit, potatoes and toast. Oh my word it was out of this world delicious!!! My husband had the tourtière and loved every scrap. Put this one on your MUST list!!!

Ottawa
“Breakfast of Champions!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

My husband and I went for breakfast at the Baker Street Cafe and were extremely pleased with the food and atmosphere! The coffee was great and we loved the fact they left the pot on the table for us to top up our own cups! We started with a toasted cinnamon bun to share and it was amazing. I ordered the eggs benedict with ham and it was cooked to order perfectly. I was blown away with the portion sizes, the benny came with fresh fruit and potatoes sautéed with onions and peppers. I was pleasantly surprised that the ham on the eggs benedict was cuts of 'real' ham...nothing processed here! We will return!

1 Thank GowerChick
“Definitely didn't leave hungry!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Went here for breakfast with my husband and a couple of friends - we didn't leave hungry, that's for sure! The food was fantastic - everything was made fresh to order and was cooked to perfection! The service was great and the atmosphere was very inviting. Can't wait to go back!