“Fun and great food”

Cuisines: Pizza, Canadian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed June 4, 2014

My wife and I had appetizers and drinks at the Atomic Rooster. There was a band playing that evening and we had a blast. Good atmosphere, great service and well located on Bank Street. No problems to find parking on a side street. We had pizza, hot chicken wings, vegetable platters and nachos. Typical bar food but succulent, not greasy and tasted good. Nothing negative to say about the place. I recommend this place to anyone.

There are newer reviews for Atomic Rooster

Reviewed February 25, 2014

The food is good; we've never been disappointed, but we've never been thrilled either. The real draw is the music and the festive atmosphere whenever a band is playing. We've been only eight times over the last few years, but the bands were always good; most being blues. The service we have experienced has always been good.

This is an eclectic place, with people of all sorts there. This adds to the atmosphere but, very infrequently, it can also be a bit of a hindrance to your enjoyment. For anyone wanting live music in Ottawa, this is definitely a place to add to your list of venues.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I dined at the Atomic Rooster with my wife in mid April.

The service was good and timely. The decor was interesting, most of it pieces of artwork for sale at local galleries. I didn't feel it matched the music selection though which was somewhat old fashioned polka - the band was good, it was just not what I usually enjoy.

The food itself was tasty and well cooked. My wife liked her burger sauce and I had some teriyaki chicken which came with a side salad.

The location is right downtown Ottawa, easy to find and in a nice neighborhood. I'm not sure about parking since we walked over from our hotel a few blocks away.

I'd recommend it for a meal.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

We've had dinner here on several occasions when Phoenix was performing. The music is great and the food good. The place is always packed and seating is very tight. Atmosphere is great if you like loud music, folks dancing on the spot and crowded tables. Service is a little slow because of the crowds but always pleasant. Good selection of beer and menu items. We go primarily to listen to the Phoenix Band because we like their sound and original lyrics. It's a fun place!

1  Thank hautevoyageur
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I haven't been for the breakfast like the other reviewers, but I can assure you they have a better than average beer selection. They have plenty of taps and usually some rotating local brews. The pizza I had here was very tasty, as well. Had some trouble with extra beers on my beer last time I was there but it was a busy Friday afternoon so it's kind of excusable. Music is a little loud, as well, for my tastes, but that's a personal preference. All in all you won't be disappointed with the food or beer here.