“Our reservation meant nothing...”
Review of ZaZaZa Pizza With Pizazz - CLOSED

ZaZaZa Pizza With Pizazz
Cuisines: Pizza, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Big Cheese created ZaZaZa in 2010 on an infamous little corner in New Edinburg. Tired of "Ho Hum" pizza, he envisioned churning fresh batches of dough, brewing yummy sauces from scratch, whole fresh toppings, and the best cheeses around! He dreamed of a stage for talented young Chefs to present "Pizza with Pizazz" in an artistic setting all served with genuine hospitality at the core. The results are now in...And the reviews are superb. Thanks Ottawa for making ZaZaZa your neighbourhood pizza joint...With pizazz.
Ottawa, Canada
“Our reservation meant nothing...”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

A week ago my partner and I attended the Beechwood location as we had made a 7pm reservation for dinner. We showed up a few minutes early and were assured we would be seated shortly. No tables were free and we didn't get seated until 7:30. The waiting was terrible, and to top it off a couple that arrived after us were sat before us. At no point were we offered any type of compensation. They had also run out of every dessert, but gelato. I am a server so there are things I understand. Not being able to honor a reservation is completely unacceptable. Also, offering no compensation is a mistake made by amateur staff. The objective is to keep the guest happy, nobody tried to keep us happy or ever offered apologies.

The food is always great, but it felt like amateur hour as far as the front of house staff was concerned.

• Visited May 2013
IonAimers, Owner at ZaZaZa Pizza With Pizazz, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
So sorry OFL...we clearly let you down and no excuses here but we will make it right. Please email me at ion@zazazapizza.com and I will invite you back for a "proper" Za experience...AMAZING PIZZA...FAB SERVICE...COOL ATMOSPHERE.
Talk soon...
Ion Aimers

Ottawa, ON
“A-MA-ZAZAZA-ING!”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I've been to both the Glebe and Rockliffe locations of ZaZaZa and I have to say we've loved the food and service and atmosphere every time we go. (although a little cramped at beechwood :) The pizzas are a fresh new take on the run of the mill combinations and end up offering some unique and very flavourful pies. We'd go again in a heartbeat.

• Visited May 2013
Thanks for the kudos Matt...say hi next time you are in either location please. ZaZaZa appreciates your vibe and loves that you love our 'Za.
The Big Cheese
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“Best Gluten-Free pizza in the city!”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Gourmet pizza at it's best. So hard to find gluten-free dough that doesn't taste like cardboard..but ZaZaZa is it. Visited for the first time last week with my fiance and we both thoroughly enjoyed. Cool atmosphere, friendly staff and delicious food. We started with the sweet potato cross-cut fries and then enjoyed the pizza of the month: Jacobson's Martini Pizza and Lover's Leap, both with the gluten-free crust option. Swear you wouldn't taste the difference. I imagine their other crusts are just as delicious as they take the time to source out fresh, local ingredients. This is now our go-to spot for pizza, eat in or take-out. Can't wait to go back!

• Visited April 2013
IonAimers, Owner at ZaZaZa Pizza With Pizazz, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
We worked really hard to source a great GF supplier who was true to the cause...so thanks for recognizing that GF doesn't have to taste bad to be good for ya !! ZaZaZa, we are thinkin' "OUTSIDE THE BOX" and thanks to guests like you...it's working. The Big Cheese
Ottawa
“Wowza for ZaZaZa!!!”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

This week was my third time visiting ZaZaZa on bank street; it was also the third time we had excellent food and service. ZaZaZa offers a very diverse and creative menu, there is a pizza or appetizer for everyone. If you do not like a certain or would like to substitute it for something else, the staff are more than willing to do so!
We enjoyed the California caprese and 'pear' pizza along with the strawberryfield salad and their take on a greek salad.
In addition to having an excellent food selection, our server, Anne, was phenomenal. She was very helpful in explaining the menu, answering our million and one questions and providing salad dressing samples for my ever indecisive mother!
Overall we had a great experience and would recommend it to any pizza or creative foodies out there!

• Visited April 2013
Hi Andrea...thanks for the write up and glad you adored your Sweet Glide !! Hope to see you soon and please try the May Special Pizza...The Greco Green N Fit...its fabulous.
Ottawa, Canada
“Amazing!”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I have been a regular at the Beechwood location since it opened a few years ago. The pizza here is SO good, and the service always exceeds expectations. Make sure to try the spicy coleslaw - it's the best I've ever had, anywhere!

My only criticism would be that they have removed some of my favourite items from the menu over the years - first it was the shawarma pizza (which was amazing...) and then it was the die-cut potatoes with the garlic dip. Surely I'm not the only one who enjoyed these? Anyways, they still have a ton of delicious options so I recommend 100%!

• Visited April 2013
Soooooo....Blueberry rocked the Slaw. I am a huge fan of this Caribbean recipe with lime juice and a bit of Zingggg !! So glad you are lovin' The 'Za...Thanks !!
The Big Cheese