“A bus to and from the hockey game.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Lunenburg Pub & Bar - CLOSED

Lunenburg Pub & Bar
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Canadian, British
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Kingston Ontario Canada
“A bus to and from the hockey game.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

We were in Ottawa for the Leafs and Sens game playing Saturday the 20th. We ate at the Lunenburg Friday night and the service and food was very good. We also found out the bar had rented two buses to take the patrons to the Saturday night hockey game. The cost was $5 per person. We met at the bar and hockey fever was running high mostly Leaf fans. Off to the game we went, game was over, on the bus and returned to the Lunenburg.

Great service.

• Visited April 2013

London, Canada
“Fun, low key pub - solo traveller”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

The Lunenburg was a block away from the hotel I stayed at while visiting Ottawa alone to look at schools. I stopped by randomly for some supper one Friday night with a book. It seemed to cater to a lot of large groups (teams and groups of friends, looked like), but visiting alone was fine too! My server was nice, the food was fine (the fries were particularly tasty, the chicken fingers and Caesar drink were average), and the price was fair for a tourist area. There was a $9.99 fish and chips special that night, and my chicken tenders were around $12 on the menu, which is comparable to other restaurants of the same type.

The atmosphere is VERY casual - exposed floors, kind of drafty, so no need to dress up or anything! Looks like a great place to grab a drink with a friend, watch a game, or just have a bite to eat.

I'm only giving it a 3/5 for atmosphere, as it was weirdly drafty, and where I was sitting (beside the ATM, too - boo!) it smelled like cigarette smoke, but that was likely just the previous customer rather than the restaurant's fault.

Overall, a regular pub experience - I don't think you can go wrong with this one if you like pubs.

• Visited March 2013
Ottawa, Canada
“Delicious food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

The Lunenburg Pub & Bar was fantastic! The wait staff was very quick to serve us, the food was amazing, and the atmosphere was wonderful. I had the Lunenburger and split on an appetizer of deep friend pepperoni. I had so much food I thought I was going to burst. It was definitely a fantastic dining experience and started my trip to Ottawa off on the right foot.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Kevin A
Ottawa, Canada
“Atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

The Lunenburg Pub and bar is beautiful and an amazing older building in downtown Ottawa.

The top floor is beautiful and rustic I love the large anchor and the atmosphere. Be aware that this changes into a club after 10:30 pm on the weekends.

The basement seating area and sports bar is very cozy and the colors are matching the Bluenose! I loved the food and the service. So many friendly bar staff!

I would recommend for couples, travelers and friends.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank jlunn
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“Great food great drinks great fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

The food here is awesome, although being expensive. It turns into a club and has a dance floor on the weekends and is very fun! RIght near campus so many university students go there.

Visited February 2013