“Yum!”

Stella Luna
Ranked #4 of 62 Dessert in Ottawa
Cuisines: Italian, Cafe, European
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout
Description: Awarded a Bronze Medal in The Americas at the Gelato World Tour 2016, advancing to the World Tour Finals in Italy, 2017! Trained in Bologna by Italy's finest; owner and Master Gelato Chef Tammy Giuliani combines old-world techniques and recipes with a passion for finely prepared food. Stella Luna has been rated Top 5 Desserts in Ontario and is listed on Urban Spoon as "Canada's Best 100 Places to Eat". More than just gelato, Stella Luna is a family owned and operated European style Cafe, serving up gourmet panini, hearty soups, eclectic salads, buttermilk waffles, crepes, decadent desserts and specialty coffees with Italian flare. Stella Luna - intimate ambiance, exceptional food!
Newmarket, Canada
“Yum!”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Luckily we arrived when it wasn't too busy. The atmosphere is very pleasant - nice decor and lots of room. The gelatos are amazing! $30 got us 4 medium-sized cups, into which you can mix up to 3 different flavours. Medium was plenty big as they're very generous with their portions. Service was friendly and fast. If I were an Ottawa denizen, I suspect I'd be at Stella Luna's daily!

• Visited July 2014

Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
“Creamy Goodness”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I always thought gelato was a bit icy, but not at Stella Luna. Every flavour we tried was a creamy flavourful dessert. We went there twice, showing up late on a Sunday evening, only to find that all gelato was 40% off. We got in right before closing and there were only a few flavours left, but we were not disappointed. Even the basic chocolate and vanilla are fantastic.
My son had a waffle with bananas and Nutella and enjoyed it very much. The experience is a fantastic treat that we haven't found elsewhere.

Visited June 2014
Ottawa, Canada
“very good”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Excellent gellato and always a great selection. Lineup moves fast, so don't let that stop you from going, even when it's out the door.

• Visited June 2014
Florida
“Tasty!”
Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

After reading local articles about Stella Luna placing 4th in North America in the world gelato competition, we decided to give it a try. We went at 8pm on Friday, and were in a line-up of 20 people. The line actually moved very quickly. I tried the lemon sorbet, and really liked it. My wife had the chocolate rum cherry because it had been the flavor made by Stella Luna in the world gelato competition. She said it was delicious - but very rich and decadent. By 8:30 pm, the line was even longer and down the sidewalk on Bank Street.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Golferboy18
Stow, MA
“Best service I have had in decades”
Reviewed June 6, 2014

I was so impressed by the very polite service, I felt I needed etiquette refresher to eat there! So attentive and warm. Enjoyed the outdoor dining on the street, very lively and portable heaters helped as the sun went down, excellent location,great choices on the menu for diverse tastes. Everyone enjoys what they ordered and it was served with impeccable style.

• Visited June 2014