“Best service I have had in decades”
Review of Stella Luna

Stella Luna
Ranked #3 of 76 Dessert in Ottawa
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: Awarded a Bronze Medal in The Americas at the Gelato World Tour 2016, advancing to the World Tour Finals in Italy, 2017! Trained in Bologna by Italy's finest; owner and Master Gelato Chef Tammy Giuliani combines old-world techniques and recipes with a passion for finely prepared food. Stella Luna has been rated Top 5 Desserts in Ontario and is listed on Urban Spoon as "Canada's Best 100 Places to Eat". More than just gelato, Stella Luna is a family owned and operated European style Cafe, serving up gourmet panini, hearty soups, eclectic salads, buttermilk waffles, crepes, decadent desserts and specialty coffees with Italian flare. Stella Luna - intimate ambiance, exceptional food!
Reviewed June 6, 2014

I was so impressed by the very polite service, I felt I needed etiquette refresher to eat there! So attentive and warm. Enjoyed the outdoor dining on the street, very lively and portable heaters helped as the sun went down, excellent location,great choices on the menu for diverse tastes. Everyone enjoys what they ordered and it was served with impeccable style.

1  Thank Seen_Pari

Reviewed May 25, 2014

My friend introduced me to this restaurant. She raved that it had the best gelato and took me there to prove it. She was absolutely right. I highly recommend trying the pistachio flavoured gelato (both of our faves) - of course if you don't have a nut allergy. I have been returning and bringing all my friends here. All are very happy costumers. True gem in Ottawa.

1  Thank Angela H
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Stella Luna opened in my neighbourhood a couple years ago and we wish it were still a secret. The gellato is hand made, absolutely incredible mix of ingredients. Don't be discouraged by the line up out the door. It is worth the short wait. They have other things on the menu - coffees, sandwiches, cakes...but no matter what the season, you'll be tempted by the gellato. Now that you know, there is less left for me...

1  Thank TaniaCarriere
Reviewed May 19, 2014

A great stop while strolling down Bank Street. Excellent pastries and gelato. We will go back again.

1  Thank Hotdog613
Reviewed May 16, 2014

Stella Luna recently made the finals of the World Gelato Championships and you can see why. The quality and flavours of the ice cream are extraordinary. My daughter and I each bought the $7 serving and staggered away with a tub stuffed with three flavours each: I had lemon, passion fruit and a mixture of cherry and mango and passion fruit and they were all wonderful. My only quibble is the service. I stood in line for a few minutes and slowly noticed that people were paying with chits of paper they had bought in advance at the till. I asked how they had known they needed to pay in advance and with a grump the man behind the counter pointed to a small sign at the front of the store where written in small letters was the information. I think they could have been more polite.

3  Thank Faience44