“Great little gelato place”
Review of Stella Luna

Stella Luna
Ranked #3 of 68 Dessert in Ottawa
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: Awarded a Bronze Medal in The Americas at the Gelato World Tour 2016, advancing to the World Tour Finals in Italy, 2017! Trained in Bologna by Italy's finest; owner and Master Gelato Chef Tammy Giuliani combines old-world techniques and recipes with a passion for finely prepared food. Stella Luna has been rated Top 5 Desserts in Ontario and is listed on Urban Spoon as "Canada's Best 100 Places to Eat". More than just gelato, Stella Luna is a family owned and operated European style Cafe, serving up gourmet panini, hearty soups, eclectic salads, buttermilk waffles, crepes, decadent desserts and specialty coffees with Italian flare. Stella Luna - intimate ambiance, exceptional food!
Reviewed September 14, 2012

What's not to like? Good value, delicious, unique flavours, plenty of seating, bright atmosphere. This strikes me as the perfect place to go after dinner at one of the other restaurants in Old Ottawa South.

There are newer reviews for Stella Luna

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stella Luna has been open about a year. From the start its gelato has been a hit. On summer weekend nights there are line-ups to get gelato. The gelato is made in the store. The service is friendly. There is a lot of seating. My wife says the coffee is great, she prefers it over Starbucks; and the sandwiches are tasty. Parking can be a bit difficult on weekend nights. However, if you love gelato, you'll love this restaurant.

1  Thank AGCanada01
Reviewed September 1, 2012

My mom and I loooove gelato, so we knew we had to try this place. It was pretty awesome! I have eaten a lot of gelato in my time (did I mention I love it?) including lots in Italy, and Stella Luna was definitely up there with the greats! I had almond-honey-lemon and it was heavenly. I wish I was eating more right now! A bit of a hike from downtown, but totally worth it!

1  Thank PinkUnicorn
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Ambiance fine, service needs to be friendlier and more understanding especially if someone doesn't handle english very well

8  Thank Dima B
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I've had Gelato at many, many different places. Stella's Gelato is good, it's not what I'd consider great, but it is good.

Stella's sandwiches on the other hand are definitely mediocre, Subway is a step up from here. Given the price, I'd expect a lot more then a single slice of meat, some cheese and the occasional limp lettuce.

11  Thank Jenna R