“great food, nice place and very good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Wontonmama - CLOSED

Wontonmama
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Sushi
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Ottawa, Canada
“great food, nice place and very good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

I found out a few months ago that i have to watch what I eat: no gluten, dairy... etc. Eating out has been a challenge. But everyonce in a while, I find little gems. Wontonmama is clearly one!
My husband and I went last night amd the staff was just wonderful! They did not make me feel like a freak when I explained what I have to exclude from my diet, actually the waitress went above and beyond and read the ingredients in one of the items to make sure it was safe. It turned out it was not, so good thing!
Don't get me wrong, it is not because I have food challenges that we are not foodies: at the contrary. We love our food and for having lived in France, we are picky. But this place had it all: nice decor, good ambiance, great food and even better service!

Visited March 2014

Winnipeg, Canada
“Hidden secret”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

Great food but with the usual menu items - sushi rolls, calamari, dry spicy beef and sake. But served with the influence of the chef. Not just as regular factory meals. Outstanding friendly service.

ottawa
“Third time and still a charm...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

It was my third time at this restaurant, but the first in about a year; glad to see that the quality is still high, especially considering the modest price! I had the salt and pepper crispy beef and tom yum soup - both wwere very good. My daughter had the crispy spring rolls as an appetizer...and decided to have another order as her main course! Service is prompt and very friendly. Overall an enjoyable experience in a quaint, stylish restaurant.

• Visited December 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Bywater Market Area Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

It might tell you how I feel about this resto if I mention that I chose it as the one I wanted to be taken out to on my birthday. Not that it's a party place - its a small, lovely restaurant with great ambiance and great food run by really nice people. The vegetable tempura is the best I've had in many a year you can get a very generous plateful of 3 appetizers of your choice (eg spring rolls, tempura, gyosa) for $12. Mains are very reasonably priced, and lunch specials run about $9. A real gem.

• Visited November 2013
St. Catharines, Canada
“Good Value for Sushi”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

I had their special of sushi, three rolls for $15 when purchasing a drink. The rolls were average compared to other sushi places, but it was a decent price compared to most others around. Would probably pay more to get better sushi next time, but not a bad deal. Waiter was also fairly nice.

• Visited August 2013