“Excellent place to stay.”

Quality Inn Orleans
Ranked #61 of 68 Hotels in Ottawa
Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel august, october, december and will be going back at the end of march 2014, the staff is polite their free breakfast has a variety of food. Rooms are comfortable and i look forward to staying their again. I feel like they are family thank you and well done to staff and owner for giving me a great expeience and a place to call my second home.

• Stayed: December 2013
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Orleans

Reviewed February 23, 2014

I was travelling on business to visit an Orleans client and stayed two nights here. It was clean, the staff was very friendly, the breakfast was good. They called cabs for me as I had taken the train to Ottawa. I was busy working so asked if there was food that could be delivered. They gave me great menus and I ordered sushi, which was delivered to my door and was quite good. I used the gym. A TV and water in the gym area would have been nice, but overall I was quite pleased.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
George M, General Manager at Quality Inn Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Thank You for staying with us. We hope you will remember us for your next trip.Your comments are appreciated and we will certainly take them into account.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

My family and I had occasion to spend four nights at the Quality Inn Orleans. We were very comfortable and found the location to be perfect. It was a straight run into the downtown area without having all the parking problems of a downtown location. When we had checked out and were almost home I realized I had left some valuables in the room. A call to the Manager turned up the items and he kept them safe until they could be returned. We thank the staff for their honesty and diligence.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Thank you Ann it was our pleasure to have you stay with us and I was happy that you were able to obtain your personal affects. I hope you will stay with us again on you next visit to Ottawa.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

I spent three nights here last week whilst on business in Ottawa. I chose the hotel because it was in the general area of where my work would be.

Anyways, the hotel had an eerie abandoned feeling to it. The only hotel staff I saw in the whole three days were behind the front counter. They were not an overly friendly bunch, no welcome greeting or even a smile upon entering the hotel.

The room I had felt old and dingy, which I found odd being that it is a newer hotel. The fridge in my room didn't work properly causing me not to dare eat the leftovers from the previous evening. Upon entering my room, the front floor area was all sticky. After a couple hours of having to walk back and forth over it, I finally grabbed a hand towel and used it to wash the floor.The "breakfast" offered in the morning is a waste of the hotels effort. They definitely could offer more; especially considering there is no restaurants near the hotel.

On a plus side, the internet was excellent and I never heard a beep my whole visit. The hotel gave me a late check out of 1400 hours without any additional charge.

Room Tip: Do not stay here if you want to be within walking distance of restaurants or stores.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
6  Thank Troy C

Thank you for Staying with us Troy. I am happy to report that your comments have promoted us to do some painting and the hotel looks great. I hope you will come stay with us again and see for yourself what a defence your comments have made.

Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here on New Years. The girl at the front desk was fast , friendly, and efficient.

Got to the room and it was ok. Room was clean.

Free Breakfast you get what you pay for, it was minimal: cereal, bagels.

They should redo lobby, it is impossible to get to elevator when lobby is filled with people trying to checkin.

Overall not bad. However $140+ for a hotel outside downtown ottawa is pretty pricey

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank RoadWearyAndWorn

Thank you RoadWearyAndWorn. I hope your New Years was as much fun as mine. As you might be aware rates & fees on New Years Eve tend to go way up all over and not just hotels but drinks at bars, tickets to shows, even the cab ride home is more expensive. Trip adviser has many tips on how to save and of course the friendly staff here at the Quality Inn Orleans are always available to answer any questions you may have.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

I recently stayed at this Hotel and had a great stay! It was clean, quiet and the staff was very friendly. I really liked having a microwave, fridge and coffee maker in the room. I was very comfortable in my room and would recommend this hotel without hesitation.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
George M, General Manager at Quality Inn Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Thank You for staying with us. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay. Please tell your friends and family.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

When I leave the hotel next week, it will be 21 days that I am staying at Quality Inn in Orleans, Ontario. I wanted something close to everything in Orleans. Maybe by being on the top floor, I found that it was very quiet. All the staff including the front desk, housekeeping and kitchen staff were all very nice and accommoding for me. If I needed something, they would get it for me. The hotel room was clean, quiet and reasonably priced. I enjoyed the swimming pool, once the water was at the right temperature. I enjoyed the whirl pool. I was using it during the day so it was relaxing. The breakfast was plentiful for me and the area neatly kept. I found myself in security being located beside the police station. I enjoyed the business center, although I had my laptop, I could use the printer to print documents that I needed.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quiet - I was facing the highway and the parking lot so it was nice to check my ca...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for your stay. We strive to be the kind of hotel that gets to know our guests and can anticipate their needs. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our time with us and on behalf of the staff I know they enjoyed getting to know you.