“Horriblle Experience”

Quality Inn Orleans
Ranked #61 of 68 Hotels in Ottawa
Reviewed November 28, 2013

My husband and I had the worse experience at this hotel!! DISGUSTING! We were only staying for one night...Walked into the room and it smelled horrible, what to find a hamburger and fries in the Microwave that was probably sitting there for a couple of weeks!! Every wall had scuffs like a wrestling match was put on! Beer caps and dirty Kleenex found under the bed! My husband put the mat down in the shower to find a ton of hair underneath the mat! We should of left as soon and we found the moldy food in the microwave! Even if it's convenient location wise, don't ever stay here!! You will sure regret your stay!! So many nicer hotels in Ottawa!!!! (Very disappointed Customer)!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
13  Thank Mich B
George M, General Manager at Quality Inn Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Quality Inn. I can only apologies for the experience that you had at our hotel. I personally take responsibility for condition in your room I obviously had a standers issue.

Please know I have resolved this and will continue to work hard to ensure the next visit to the hotel will not only meet but exceed your expectation.

If you do chose to stay with us again please let me know and I will make sure that you are well taken care of.

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Orleans

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Some of the previous reviews made me seriously consider finding another place to stay. In the end, however, nothing else was convenient so I booked here again. My worries were really for nothing. The hotel room was clean, quiet, and reasonably priced. The breakfast was plentiful and the area neatly kept. The night staff could have been a little more friendly, but that didn't really affect our stay. The hotel has wonderful access to the highway and being situated beside a police station doesn't hurt! It is not a five star hotel, but you are not paying five star prices. Still a good choice.

Room Tip: Fourth Floor was quiet!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your business. I am happy you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

We were visiting friends in the Orleans part of Ottawa, and they recommended this hotel for its convenience. They were right, and we will stay here again if visiting them.
But!
We found many of the same issues already covered here, eg, mismatched paint for wall repairs, carpet stains.
My recollection was that the hotel provided a "hot breakfast". But I did not see eggs, or bacon, or sausage that I was expecting. The duty manager said "sorry sir, it's 'continental'". He was right, but the source of my confusion is one listing at Choice Hotels web site that calls it "continental with hot options". Anyway, there was lots to eat, just not the bacon and eggs I had hoped for.
The room windows won't open and we could not run the AC since my wife is a light sleeper, so room was very stuffy in the morning. Also had to unplug the fridge for the noise.
I see someone else already commented on the toilet paper dispenser, so will add a comment and photo of the offending unit. This Tork-brand unit seems designed to provide tissue one sheet at a time. After some practice you can get enough to do the job: apply gentle tension, keep it firm but consistent, pull at 90 degrees from the wall. Any deviations from this and your strip of TP will break and you will have to start again. Remember: haste makes waste! Anyway, practice a few times and I am sure you will develop the right technique! So... Should a guest have to go through all this just to get enough TP? You decide.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us. I am happy to hear that you will return despite of our flaws. We are working hard to correct these issues and hope that your next stay will be more enjoyable.

As for the breakfast I would be interested to hear what items you would like to see. Unfortunately we are not equipped to do bacon and eggs to order but perhaps there is something that I have not thought of.

I do look forward to hearing from you, and I hope to get the chance to chat with you the next time you stay with us.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

A new hotel, how bad could it be???

BAD! Been in rooming houses and dorms that were in better shape and had better service.

Reserved a King room on Hotels.com. It turned out to be the Accessible unit, accessible shower, low quality finishes and all amenities designed for people with restricted abilities. Paid extra for the king and that was a mistake.

Moved rooms to regular queen after night one. This room had massive amount of wall damage, mismatched paint repairs. Unclear if the wall finish issues were bad construction or damage repairs.

The décor, appliances and furnishings came from Walmart, Canadian Tire or something similar. Not pretty, not integrated and my daughters dorm is better furnished.

The internet was hi-speed, that was positive.

The included breakfast, dry cereal and milk. Not much selection there.

Service- Brutal, they did not clean the room between night 2 and night 3. When we went down to complain that the maids did not clean, the front desk staff was unaware and uncaring of the lack of service. No compensation for substandard service was offered.

Hotel had issues during construction, clearly they have issues in operation now as well.

Room Tip: Avoid the hotel and the king room
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
15  Thank ubergirlcanada
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I very much enjoyed my stay at quality inn Orleans, the staff here was very welcoming, and were always offering help with anything, the rooms were so fresh and clean, the breakfest was very good and coffee and tea was always there when you needed it, everything was there for us, and I also enjoyed the beautiful swimming pool they have there as well. I would deffinelty recommend this hotel to my friends and family.

Room Tip: The higher floor is the best because you get a better view of everything. And also on the south side...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I recommended this place because of the location to three sets of friends in town for a funeral . I was so sorry after I heard their stories. The rooms were filthy - unbelievable! One room looked like it hadn't been cleaned at all!

Don't stay here!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
16  Thank charlsp
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Just got back from a 5 night stay at this hotel and will never stay there again. The only reason I stayed longer than the first night was because of it's location, near to a wedding we were attending. The general quality of the room was poor with many bad repairs made to cover up the poor upkeep. There were rips in the pillow covers, no glasses to drink from and the TV sound kept cutting out. The breakfast selection was very minimal and not very fresh. The Rice Krispies were the red and green ones, so not too fresh, and they ran out of milk. The housekeeping was lacking to say the least. We were a family of 4 and had no fresh towels for two days, and the bathroom was never wiped down or tidied. The pile of dirty towels in the pool area just kept growing over the weekend. I saw a maximum of two employees in the hotel at one time for the entire long weekend. The pool area windows and the windows in the stairwells were infested with ladybugs. This was a real turn off to my children. For paying $130 minimum per night the value is not there. I will stay somewhere else next time and just drive further.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family