“Quality and Service?”

Quality Inn Orleans
Ranked #62 of 68 Hotels in Ottawa
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I would NEVER book at this hotel again. The staffs were poorly trained and not polite, not to mention inappropriately dressed. The craftsmanship of the hotel itself is ridiculously poor; the countertops in the room are not even attached, they are just resting on wooden stakes!

The only good comments that I have is that the gentleman working May 3rd, 2013 on the afternoon shift at the front desk was wonderful and very assisting! For him, keep up the good work!

Room Tip: For being just off the highway and on the corner of a busy intersection the rooms were rather quiet...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
10  Thank Jennica_C1616

Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at this hotel a few times. It's a decent hotel right now but judging by the lack of staff, attention to detail and maintenance it won't be decent for very long which is a shame considering its not very old. The cleaning staff do the bare minimum to get by in my opinion. To me it looks as if the owner has hired a few kids to run the place and collect the revenue while it lasts!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Easternontariotravel
George M, General Manager at Quality Inn Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post your feed back. Please know that I will be taking action on your comments. I have hired 3 new staff this week and I am in the process of training them to ensure that the standards that you have come to expect from this hotel are not just met but exceeded on your next stay.

I am always walking around the hotel and I love to chat with all of the guest that stay with us. Please let me know if there is anything more I can do to make your stay more enjoyable. I take great pride in the hotel and I take this comment very seriously. Please know I will take the necessary steps to ensure that this does not happen again.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Upon arrival at this hotel, I was told that only 1of the 2 rooms I booked was available. The manager insisted that without my confirmation letter (which was not emailed to me) he could not do anything (even though I provided name and credit card info.) He than states that he has just spoken to me on the phone to cancel the reservation!!!! WHAT! I just drove 4 hours and a portion of my group drove for 2 days...I did not just cancel!!! The other 2 empolyees somehow worked things out...although I did not get the ajoining rooms I had booked. The manager was EXTREMELY RUDE AND TOTALLY INCOMPETENT!!!!

• Stayed: April 2013
13  Thank cllewis1

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. The only way that we can improve is by getting your feedback and acting on it. I would like to issue you an apology on behalf of the manager that was on duty that evening. I can only tell you that I have spoken with him and he feels terrible. I will follow up with you personally as well to discuses your concerns in more detail.

We value your business and hope that consider us again in the future.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Stayed here 4 nights while we were have some renovations done at our apartment. The hotel is well located, clean, friendly and close to everything including the police station which is right next door. The service was excellent, the room quiet and well appointed. The hotel has a nice pool and exercise room. Great shower. The breakfast is do it yourself and very convenient. Make your own waffles, or have cereal, hot and cold, bagels, toast , yogurt etc. The coffee is excellent, and Julie starts your day off with a pleasant smile. We waited a long time for a company to build a hotel in Orleans, and are certainly glad that the Quality Inn is now here. Great place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your kind words. I passed on your regards to Julie she was very touched.

From all the staff thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Newer hotel. Looks nice from the outside. When I checked in they gave me the wrong code for the WiFi. The write up in info for the Choice Hotels site says that they have a free full breakfast in the morning. There was not any fruit or hot items. Fifteen minutes before breakfast was done. There weren't any bowls, cups or silverware. The juice was warm and they were out of bagels.
It was a poor value for the price.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank RONNIE F

Thank you for staying with us. With regards to your comments I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I treat each comment with the care and respect that they deserve. I will follow up with you personally to discuses in more detail your stay. To me it is of the utmost importance that you know I have taken action. Here is what we have done to improve.

We have introduced fruits into our breakfast; I am currently working with our internet provider to bring in a better system. Finally we have retrained the staff to ensure that the quality is better then what you received.

I hope that you will choose to stay with us again and I look forward to exceeding your expectations on your next stay.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Friendly, clean and quiet. Stayed in the area while attending a family funeral. The location was perfect and the room had a functional fridge and microwave. Great shower and the room was spacious. It was very easy to control the temperature in the room which was convenient because it was January. read in a previous review that the proximity to highway was noisy in the room, this was not an issue even though are room was facing the street. Will go back with the kids and hopefully the experience will be just as positive. A++

Room Tip: Great value, clean, quiet, friendly staff
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lynn Q

Thank you so much for staying with us. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and on behalf of all my staff we look forward to your next visit and hope we can exceed you expectations.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Stayed overnight at this hotel with teenagers. The room was clean and comfortable. Only problem was that we could not order films from the TV menu. Would have had to drive out to get some. Their film selection was "older".

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
George M, General Manager at Quality Inn Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

First I would like to thank you for staying with us. Your kind words are always appreciated. I will certainly update the selection of DVD’s available at the front desk and I would definitely be interested in know what you would like us to carry.