“Clean comfortable rooms”

Ranked #63 of 67 Hotels in Ottawa
Cornwall, Canada
“Clean comfortable rooms”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

The rooms were clean and comfy. There was a continental breakfast which was pretty good and well stocked, when food ran out is was quickly refilled. Breakfast included cereal, breads, bagels, fruit, yogurt, juice , coffee, tea and waffles.

Room Tip: The elevator is a little slow so we took the stairs it was quicker.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 16, 2012

stay regualrly at choice hotels for work, stayed here for the first time and was impressed.
room and tv are great. only issues are the low flow water, the mini fridge was bad, had to get ice in the machine to keep my stuff cold.
the continental was poorly laid out. typical for choice hotels in the area.
in all, nice for a clean room. I would go back for work.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Evans Mills, New York
Reviewed July 14, 2012

The room was nice and large. It appeared pretty clean until we looked for the remote which we found under the bed next to a condom and some old popcorn. There was a hole in our wall and the paint on the walls was scratched and dinged. There was drywall compound left on the walls from an old repair. The bathroom appeared to be clean but I was already icked out by the search for the remote. We did not use the pool or eat breakfast so I can't comment on that. The worst part was the scratchy top sheet. I had to lie real still so the sheet did not feel like sandpaper on my skin. There is no excuse for bad sheets at a hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank purplevortex
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed July 10, 2012

My wife and I stayed here one night while our daughter took over our home for a pool party. Since she was paying, we took the suite with a beautiful view of St. Joseph Blvd and a bus stop. The room was quite spacious: King size bed and a Jacuzzi. We both had a good night's sleep.

The next morning we went down for breakfast and were quite disappointed by the assortment of cereals. Picture a room full of adults with a choice of Cocoa Puffs, Fruit Loops and a few other sugared kids cereals. Needless to stay we went elsewhere for breakfast.

Room Tip: Suite is good, but views are terrible on either side.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ouadad
Hudson, Canada
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Every time on Buisness in Ottawa, I aim to stay at this hotel. I have done so so often that I know all the front desk staff. Let me tell you, they are amazing, and beyond friendly. The lady who works during the week days always looks after me with excellent care. I usually take the suite- yes, the company did pay- for 139.99 and it is a bargain at that price. Big, far away from everyone, and uber quiet. Didn`t even hear the maid knocking on the door from the bed! I always try to incorporate this Hotel into my stay. I was unable to this week from Gatineau, but let me tell you, this is the place to go!! Five star everything!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Kevin_Ilaqua
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Contemporary suites at a good value, slept one night at business class, paid $123.17 taxes incl.
Room was clean, some furnishings were a little out-dated but clean all the same. Beds and pillows
were very comfortable. A little disappointed with the complimentary continental breakfast, web-site advertised
scrambled eggs, bacon, waffles etc. All they offered were a few cereals, yogurt, bagels or toast (with only orange and grape marmalade...no peanut butter, cream cheese, strawberry or raspberry jams) NO EGGS, NO BACON, waffles only with orange or apple juice to drink which also had not been replenished and unavailable when we went for breakfast at 8:00 a.m...very disappointing continental breakfast compared to most of the Quality Inns we have stayed at in the past.
All common area's were clean. We did enjoy the jacuzzi and pool (however no shower to wash body before or after entering the pool was available, just a tap on the floor about a foot off the ground near pool with a sign above it saying...please shower befor entering pool....we laughed at this, and enjoyed the experience none the less.) Front desk personnel was very informative and helpful with directions and local business information.
Friendly service, we did not hear any noise once in our rooms, very sound-proof. My rating would have been higher if continental breakfast was as advertised and if there was a shower in the pool area to wash chlorine off our bodies.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Newmarket, Canada
Reviewed May 1, 2012

My wife, myself and our 10 year old daughter stayed one night in the hotel. The hotel was right off the highway, right next to the offramp.We arrived @ 9pm, the woman working the desk was very pleasant and helpful. The hotel room was nice, a little brightly coloured for my taste, but I was not buying it, just using it, and it was clean. The pool was open until 10pm, so we used it. I forgot to bring my key with me to get into the pool area, and the woman from the front desk was there to help me out again. The pool was pretty chilly for an indoor pool, but my daughter was ok with that, so I was too. After the pool, we jumped into the the hot tub to warm up before heading back to the room. One small complaint that I had that the pillows were a little too big. The hotel that we stayed in the next night in Montreal actually had 2 pillow styles, one flat, one fluffy, that was a nice feature. All in all, it was a pleasant stay. Breakfast was nice the next morning too: bagels, waffles, and cereal.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family