“Good Room, Terrible Breakfast”

Quality Inn Orleans
Ranked #63 of 67 Hotels in Ottawa
Ottawa, Canada
“Good Room, Terrible Breakfast”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

My wife and I stayed here one night while our daughter took over our home for a pool party. Since she was paying, we took the suite with a beautiful view of St. Joseph Blvd and a bus stop. The room was quite spacious: King size bed and a Jacuzzi. We both had a good night's sleep.

The next morning we went down for breakfast and were quite disappointed by the assortment of cereals. Picture a room full of adults with a choice of Cocoa Puffs, Fruit Loops and a few other sugared kids cereals. Needless to stay we went elsewhere for breakfast.

Room Tip: Suite is good, but views are terrible on either side.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ouadad

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Hudson, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

Every time on Buisness in Ottawa, I aim to stay at this hotel. I have done so so often that I know all the front desk staff. Let me tell you, they are amazing, and beyond friendly. The lady who works during the week days always looks after me with excellent care. I usually take the suite- yes, the company did pay- for 139.99 and it is a bargain at that price. Big, far away from everyone, and uber quiet. Didn`t even hear the maid knocking on the door from the bed! I always try to incorporate this Hotel into my stay. I was unable to this week from Gatineau, but let me tell you, this is the place to go!! Five star everything!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Kevin_Ilaqua
Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2012

Contemporary suites at a good value, slept one night at business class, paid $123.17 taxes incl.
Room was clean, some furnishings were a little out-dated but clean all the same. Beds and pillows
were very comfortable. A little disappointed with the complimentary continental breakfast, web-site advertised
scrambled eggs, bacon, waffles etc. All they offered were a few cereals, yogurt, bagels or toast (with only orange and grape marmalade...no peanut butter, cream cheese, strawberry or raspberry jams) NO EGGS, NO BACON, waffles only with orange or apple juice to drink which also had not been replenished and unavailable when we went for breakfast at 8:00 a.m...very disappointing continental breakfast compared to most of the Quality Inns we have stayed at in the past.
All common area's were clean. We did enjoy the jacuzzi and pool (however no shower to wash body before or after entering the pool was available, just a tap on the floor about a foot off the ground near pool with a sign above it saying...please shower befor entering pool....we laughed at this, and enjoyed the experience none the less.) Front desk personnel was very informative and helpful with directions and local business information.
Friendly service, we did not hear any noise once in our rooms, very sound-proof. My rating would have been higher if continental breakfast was as advertised and if there was a shower in the pool area to wash chlorine off our bodies.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Newmarket, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2012

My wife, myself and our 10 year old daughter stayed one night in the hotel. The hotel was right off the highway, right next to the offramp.We arrived @ 9pm, the woman working the desk was very pleasant and helpful. The hotel room was nice, a little brightly coloured for my taste, but I was not buying it, just using it, and it was clean. The pool was open until 10pm, so we used it. I forgot to bring my key with me to get into the pool area, and the woman from the front desk was there to help me out again. The pool was pretty chilly for an indoor pool, but my daughter was ok with that, so I was too. After the pool, we jumped into the the hot tub to warm up before heading back to the room. One small complaint that I had that the pillows were a little too big. The hotel that we stayed in the next night in Montreal actually had 2 pillow styles, one flat, one fluffy, that was a nice feature. All in all, it was a pleasant stay. Breakfast was nice the next morning too: bagels, waffles, and cereal.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Longueuil, QC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2012

I stayed here in March 2012 for one night. I found the room very clean and spacious. The staff was super friendly. Only inconvenient was that the pool was in renovation. The breakfast was also good. Other than that, the price is fairly good for what is offered and everything is nearby, downtown Ottawa by car takes 10 minutes. If I go back to Ottawa I would definetely stay here.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Andrew B, General Manager at Quality Inn Orleans, responded to this review, April 4, 2012
Hello,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience on Trip Advisor. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay; from the condition of your room to the quality of our breakfast. It's wonderful to know that we are providing favorable service in a memorable way!
I look forward to welcoming you back for your next stay in Ottawa!
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2012

Though the public areas look jaded and worn out the rooms have been re done and are clean .With its central location near shopping areas and right opposite 24hrs METRO Store it is a coizy [place to stay i.The staff is nice too only shortfall being could not book this property online from India as it has no India as a county Option ! Well these folks running their property must correct this as they will be missing out on many a likely guests from India because of this faux paus!The internet has good speed and the room had good view too only the beds were little high .The breakfast doesn"t have much to write about what with the fixed menu day after day but restaurant staff was great.All in all com fortable hotel stay .near to convention centre.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Andrew B, General Manager at Quality Inn Orleans, responded to this review, March 26, 2012
Hello,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. Your comments help us to continuously improve our friendly service and products we have to offer.
I'm sorry that you had difficulties in booking your accommodations online from India. As all of the e-commerce is governed by Choice Hotels International I have contacted them as to draw their attention to this issue as I want to make sure all of our guests have the most successful opportunity when booking their accommodations.
As for our breakfast program we do our best to offer a wide selection of continental and hot options with some healthy options such as low fat yoghurt, hot cereal and fruit.
I want to thank you again for taking the time to provide us with your feed back and I hope that we have a chance to welcome you back in the near future.
Toronto
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Quality Inn Orleans for one night in December, as we were visiting some friends in Ottawa.

The good:
-convenient - literally right off the highway
-brand new hotel
-beds were super comfortable
-very clean
-lots of parking (free)

The bad:
-overpriced - for $109 for a king bed, i was expecting a bit more
-water pressure in the shower was awful. took me 10 minutes to get the shampoo from my hair.
-the water took forever to heat up in the shower
-the pool was under construction
-the walls are paper thin - i am a deep sleep (i am also hearing impaired) and all i could hear was doors slamming in the hallway all night. very annoying.

Overall, I might stay there again, but I wouldnt pay more than $60/night for this hotel. Not good value at all.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends