“Best Vietnamese in Town”

Red Pepper Thai-Viet
Ranked #1,138 of 2,786 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Thai, Vietnamese
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Vietnamese in Town”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I've been to Red Pepper many times and this place never dissapoints. I first started coming for the Vegetarian Pho which was highly recommended - it did not dissapoint. After a few times of pho I decided to give the other items on the menu a try. So I ordered the Pad Thai which was dynamite and has been on a consistant basis. The yellow curry is delicious and so is the Vermicilli. For desert you should try the deep fried banana - very yummy.

FYI - the waitress (short one) is also the owner. Her english isn't the best since she's just been here for two years so don't be hard on her. She's got a big heart and is always friendly.

“Surprisingly very good!!”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We ordered the following for delivery:

Vegetarian spring rolls
Vegetarian Pad Thai
Vegetarian rice noodle Pho

With delievry/tip the total was $32.

We were very impressed, all the food was really good!! Ordering from here again for sure.

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
“Food okay, ambience is 'meh'”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

In town for a meeting and found my way to Bank Street on a cool March day. Soup was in order and the opportunity for Vietnamese soup was a nice find during my wandering in an unfamiliar area. Overall the ambiance was okay, but the picture for the picture of the restaurant interior on TripAdvisor must have been an old one as there were stained brown tablecloths in place while I was there. It was a slow Sunday with only a couple eating behind me. Service was limited. Write your order, give it to the waitress. Simple enough.

Food arrived quick enough, but no check-in, no refilling of water, no happiness evident from the waitress. The decorations are cute except for the misplaced picture of a white kitten over the kitchen door. The kitten is cute, but it just didn't make sense with the decor. Food quality is okay, but nothing to rave about. Overall just an okay experience.

“Delightful”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We had take out from this quaint little Bank St, restaurant last year and were very impressed. So when we stopped in on a recent Sunday for a quick lunch, I decided to try one of the soups. We started with two of the freshest salad rolls you can imagine and managed to mop of every drop of the tasty peanut sauce. My luncheon partner had the rare beef noodle pho which she raved about in between spoonfuls. I had the chicken stock based soup with bbq pork and shrimp and rice noodles.In a word, it was delicious. Can't wait to go back.

“mmm goooood!!”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

It's our regular place to eat, my daughter loves the Pho soup, my son loves the Pad Thai!! You can't go wrong for good, quick food!

• Visited December 2012