“Burger was Tasty”

Add it.
The Druid
Cuisines: Irish
Reviewed September 10, 2011

I was here on a Thursday night well past the dinner rush as it was maybe 2000hrs when I asked for a seat. The hostess was nice and asked whether I wanted the patio (as it had been a gorgeous day) but I figured as with the sun setting, a seat inside would be fine.

As it was my first visit, I figured a 'burger' would be no-brainer choice. I had two choices (A bison or a prime rib) and my waitress recommended the prime rib one for $13 CAD. It was a filling choice as I got it with a garden salad on the side. I also liked the beer on tap "Shock-Top" as it was crisp and refreshing on a hot/humid Ottawa night. I was one of a handful of patrons but as the night progressed, I was ever more forgotten and neglected. When I had finished my pint and desired a second one, I had to go to the bartender to get it. It didn't appear to be a shift-change or anything.

After finishing my second pint I didn't desire to stay longer and rushed to square up my bill.

Reviewed July 4, 2011

Really average predictable fare. Nothing very exciting but nothing really wrong with it either. I had the corned beef sandwich with the soup (tomato bisque) instead of fries. It was 'fine' but that's all I could really say. We showed up at lunch time and the door was locked - we thought it was closed. We walked around to another door and they were surprised about the locked door - it certainly explained why there was nobody else in there. Some other folks did show up but it wasn't very busy. I still thought they were out picking the tomatoes for my soup - service was lethargic.