“A sweet place to be”
Review of Grill 41

Grill 41
Reserve with OpenTable
Grill 41 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #256 of 2,746 Restaurants in Ottawa
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are a friendly casual fine dining restaurant in the heart of Ottawa. Our focus is food and guests. We love serving groups, families and travellers.
Montreal, Canada
“A sweet place to be”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

The Grill 41 restaurant occupies the ground floor of the Lord Elgin hotel, which was built in 1941...
It wraps its space with big windows looking out on Elgin street.
When I'm in Ottawa I always have lunch (and if possible dinner) at the Grill 41. Menu selections for lunch include a great salade Niçoise with Ahi tuna, grilled octopus and my favourite: Indian Butter Chicken (best I've ever eaten).
Whatever you decide for dinner, you'll relish excellent creations like the homemade Butternut Squash Ravioli or the unbeatable Chicken Suprême, which is served with sweet potato gnocchi and a tomato and olive salad.
There is also a large bar with big screen TV, if you want to watch sports.
Overall a sweet place to be.

1 Thank Steve R

Laval, Canada
“Yes and no”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Drinks: I ordered a Daiquiri and the bartender did not know how to make one. The second nigth I had a Gin Tonic that was allright.
Food: The full buffet breakfast offered very fresh standard breakfast food.

Visited October 2013
Montreal, Canada
“atrocious! never eat there! Food and service worst I've ever had”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I went to this place from a recommendation for their menu and wines, their website gives high praise for an upscale experience etc..... what a severe let down and false advertising!!! from the dingy out dated retirement home interior .. no atmosphere or ambience at all.. beige and outdated and crap service... we reserved a week in advance, stated the age of the birthday of one of our guests attending and then to find when we turned up to be seated next to stair case. place basically empty... seriously hardly anyone there and they seat us a party of four next to a stair case...meanwhile the middle of the restaurant is empty, they then proceed to put older customers walkers and oxygen tanks in front and at back of our table.. this place is seriously like a retirement home restaurant, we were gob smacked!... when we first sat down I asked for a specific wine to which our server had no clue and thought I was talking about a dessert... I feel even Swiss Chalet could do a better job and have better food.. this is a dingy hole! the staff looked messy and unrefined.. no knowledge of the wine list at all..the food was a disgrace and a total rip off and let down.. I will never eat there again.. ever, Ive already posted it on Urban Spoon and Facebook so no one else waste their time or money! crap food, crap service, the service staff have no clue - so unless you are 70+, love soup .. keep walking as it is the worst restaurant experience Ive had in Ottawa and if you're staying at the Lord Elgin...eat elsewhere as this place is not an indicator of the restaurant scene that the capital has to offer! Outdated, over priced.. total rip off, bland horrible food and crap service! I would rate this place zero however there is no field for that in this review as they aren't event worthy of 1 star!

2 Thank Karina_Ottawa
Ottawa, Canada
“Food and Service”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We went for a dinner at Lord Elgin Hotel on 13th September, The all foods I ordered were delicious and fantastic. These are the best foods I have ever in my life and service was excellent. inside the hotel was clean and very attractive. I like the location of the hotel. close to downtown. easy access to tourism attractions.

3 Thank Lakshitha S
Powys
“Not impressed”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Breakfast - Luke warm tea/coffee, not offered a refill, asked for orange juice which never arrived! food was nothing special. Area was cramped, not impressed at all to be capped by the waitress reminding us that tips were not included in the total!! The Lord Elgin hotel is excellent and this was the only factor that we did not enjoy, in fact we found a little restaurant in Sparks that was less than half the cost and twice as good.

Jennifer M, Manager at Grill 41, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Please know that we take great pride in our service culture and knowing that we were unable to meet these standards is something we take very seriously. We have taken note of your comments and passed them on to the Management team in order to make sure this won’t happen in the future. We get a lot of good comments about the quality of food and service in our restaurant. What happened is unacceptable and will be taken very seriously by the whole Food & Beverage team.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your comments.