“Breakfast included”
Review of Grill 41

Grill 41
Reserve with OpenTable
Grill 41 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #245 of 2,808 Restaurants in Ottawa
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are a friendly casual fine dining restaurant in the heart of Ottawa. Our focus is food and guests. We love serving groups, families and travellers.
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Got to the buffet breakfast early enough to make sure there were still fresh items but I wasn't impressed. Scrambled eggs were horrible, baked beans looked more like chickpeas, coffee was watery but french toast soldiers were great.

There are newer reviews for Grill 41

Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

The food and service at this restaurant are very good. I cannot complain about either. However, given that it's attached to The Lord Elgin Hotel I was expecting something more "sophisticated".
It is actually well suited to families or anyone else wanting "high-casual" food. The value of the food servings is quite good!
I would return but not expect high-class dining.

1  Thank cornyo
Reviewed April 8, 2013

First meal was breakfast. I should have opted for the breakfast buffet or gone elsewhere... Ordered a poached egg plate. It was ordinary tasting & pricey. That evening we went to the bar for a drink & smelled what would have been the dinner service. Salmon must have been the special of the evening. All I can say is the restaurant was full. We went to Hy's, as planned. Loved the bar though... had the mussels. They were very good... but one more minute of steaming/ cooking & would have spoiled them.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

We came in after a show and we were both very impressed. I was worried at first as i noticed they had large groups. But everything came as we ordered and the food and service were both bang on.

4  Thank Poposhisho
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I attended Grill 41 on Saturday, March 23rd, 2013 with my girlfriend and another couple. I took the time to review this restaurant on their website and viewed the photo's that appeared to be more than inviting. I was so embarrassed and continuously apologized to our guests throughout the meal.
We walked into this Denny's esque type restaurant nicely dressed and were not greeted by any employees of the restaurant but witnessed people dressed in dirty old jeans ball caps and t-shirts.
We had to attend the bar to ask the bartender if they had our reservation. This did not appear to register and we were ushered to one of many available tables. I ordered the ribeye steak and the circus began. Ordered medium rare and it was served well done. I asked for this to be corrected to my original order and it was returned rare to almost blue. I ate half of it and had enough.
To add to this disappointing meal, we had to clear our own plates to an adjacent table as the server was off having a bad day. We had to physically flag down the bartender to order another drink and he had to serve us as the server was mia.
The bartender who appeared to double as the manager was very nice and added that he would provide our group with dessert and one complimentary drink along with comping my meal. All was taken care of except for my comped meal which was fine I don't mind paying for a meal; however, this place was just horrible. To add insult to injury the bell boy working advised he would never recommend this place to any guest after we expressed our displeasure.

3  Thank MickyG23