“Best falafels in town”
Review of Ozzy Food Market

Ozzy Food Market
Ranked #733 of 2,808 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Lebanese
Description: A nice little dine-in and take-out restaurant. With a little lebanese bakery. Serves shawarma, pie/breads, Does catering for special events, even has a trailer (kitchen on wheels) we could take to your party. There is a butcher shop and some Lebanese groceries on site as well.
Reviewed January 26, 2013

My husband works near here so goes for lunch. He took us all one day and it lived up to his raves. We've been on the hunt for a good falafel since our favourite spot closed. The search is over.go for the optional garlic flowers in the sandwich...really roasted cauliflower ...yum! Ozzie is very friendly. This is a hidden gem.

3  Thank Babs621
There are newer reviews for Ozzy Food Market

Reviewed November 27, 2012

We went to this restaurant several times and have never been disappointed. The owner is so nice that he asks you to pay after eating. This reminds me old time when people trustes each other. In addition to shawarma this place is a small store for few things and meat.
I recommend going to this place.

2  Thank Me M
Reviewed November 9, 2012

The food was excellent! This place serves the best Lebanese food I have ever eaten Frank the owner served me. He is an extremely friendly person.I you want good Lebanese food this is the place to go.

3  Thank TheGrillSmith
Reviewed July 4, 2012

In my opinion, the best shawarma in Ontario can only be found in Ottawa and now I know where to find the best shawarma in Ottawa: Ozzy Food Market!
We were visiting a friend in Riverside and she recommended this place; said it was the only place they go to now since discovering it. She said it has the best shawarma and, boy, was she right.

This place is a hybrid shawarma counter, restaurant, meat shop and Lebanese grocery.
We were greeted by a cheerful man behind the shawarma counter as we came in ( I wish I had asked his name!). He was incredibly friendly and served us with gusto even giving us a sample of the chicken before he put in in the my sandwich.
Boy, is the chicken delicious: tender, juicy, hot and flavourful!
My husband got the lamb which I haven't seen offered anywhere else. He said it was -very- good.

We ordered medium sandwiches, which is about the size of a large at every other place I've been to.
Because this place is also a bit of a grocery, they have a good selection of bakery goods for dessert. We bought a cookie and a square of baklava. Very tasty.

Bottom line: We will visit this place again when we go to Ottawa even though it is out of our way. If you're in the south end of Ottawa, it's not a far drive from Bank and Walkley... so go!!

2  Thank CanJamHolland
Reviewed January 26, 2012

Ozzy Food Market offers by far the best shawarma I have ever had. The meat is always hot, fresh, very flavourful and tender. They even allow you to taste test the meat prior to preparing your meal. Their baklava is delicious and not overdone with respect to being too sweet. Aside from the delicious food, the service goes above and beyond most restaurants, where Ozzy's gets to know the customers and create a friendly atmosphere. Although they are not located in a major commercial area, they are completely worth the trip.

3  Thank Otown_girl84