“Always Delicious”

Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 21, 2013

The service isn't the best, but quite often I find that to be the cae with all you can eat sushi restaurants.
The food however, is always good! Lots of variety, and the menu is quite large. Always tastes very fresh too!

There are newer reviews for 168 Sushi Buffet

Reviewed May 18, 2013

There are a lot of all you can eat Sushi places in Ottawa. I love sushi and have tried many.
168's variety and the quality is always great ( at the Merivale location). The atmosphere is great and inviting. The service is fast; but as I have said to management over and over they really need to work on this area (full customer service). It's great to be fast, but the customers need to feel like they are wanted to be there by the servers (not just management). The servers are so busy talking and joking to each other they need to spend more time engaging each other. I have several friends that like me have tried many sushi places; a lot go to a place in the far east end for their service; the food there is good but not as good as 168 on Merivale. Please note this review is not for 168 sushi in the east end; the food quality and staff is not a place I recommend even though they are suppose to have the same menu. Management there is also not as concerned about the customers as the 168 on Merivale. Overall if you are looking for high end sushi, don't go to an all you can eat you won't get it.
If you want a lot of sushi for a decent price, with good fresh quality. Go to 168 sushi on Merivale.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Food was average, but not overly flavorful. I think overpriced for what you receive. Don't think this place will be on my list of favorites for the future.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I went here last weekend with my family. I have to say that I am not a fan of all you can eat restaurants since I don't eat a lot. I like to take my leftovers home. With that said, I was not blown away by the sushi we ordered. Also, several times the servers wanted to drop off food that we never ordered. By the way, if you don't eat everything that you order, you pay extra. We also put in an order and waited 15 min. or so, finally we asked about our order and it vanished, we had to place another order. It was also very hard to get your water replenished. All in all I would say this is an average place to eat. It's pretty crowded with not a lot of room between the tables. If you want a quiet place, I would go somewhere else. If you are looking for a quick sushi fix with a fast food restaurant feel, and you have a large appetite, you will enjoy it.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

It was crowded and sitting near the entrance was not too comfortable, but the excellent food made up for the inconveniance. The service too was poor.