“How Do They Stay in Business?”

Cora's Breakfast and Lunch
Ranked #357 of 2,961 Restaurants in Ottawa
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Phone number (613) 563-2672 I don't know what to list as the cuisine type. It is a breakfast, brunch, pancake, sandwich place.
Reviewed April 5, 2016

Went there for breakfast before work and the place was busy but not crazy busy.
I ordered the eggs and sausage, eggs sunny side up and the plate comes with fruits.
This is what I got.
Coffee is tasteless brown water. I drink it black, I guess they make it so weak for the people loading theirs with so much sugar and cream they wouldn't know the difference.
The eggs sunny side up? Overcooked, the yolks were hard.
The sausages? All burnt black. I stopped the server to complain my sausages were served burnt black. How could they be served to a client? Server replaced them with.... equally burnt black sausages.
The fruits? To me that's from a bag from the freezer.
I called the server to inform that I am canceling the order to which the manager came because "I cannot cancel as it as be served to me" to which I replied: Nothing I ordered was served to me, good bye. I left.
That is the last time I go there.
If they cannot fry eggs and sausages than they should get out of the breakfast game.

Reviewed March 20, 2016 via mobile

I have been to the original restaurant in Montreal several times while on business or leisure trips and the food has always been good and hearty I had also gone to the franchisee that was briefly there in west end once and that was not a great experience.

Since September of last year, a group I belong to meet once a month at Cora's on St. Laurent and this franchisee has been consistent with good and hearty meals and excellent customer service the one time we had a small issue.

I tend to order off the lunch menu with quiche or omlette of the day being favourites since it comes with choice of soup or dessert and you can ask for half potatoes and half salad for the side. Some family like some other lunch entrees but they don't stay long before getting rotated out.

Reviewed February 29, 2016

Was finally able to visit this place for breakfast and was excellent. Orange and grapefruit juices were incredible. There was so much food that I couldn't finish it all, and that is extremely rare. Eggs and bacon were cooked perfectly and more than enough potatoes. The couple pieces of fruit are a nice touch. It is a bit expensive but a nice treat for special occasions.

1  Thank Daniel C
Reviewed January 24, 2016 via mobile

We went on a busy Sunday around noon. Well worth the wait, great service, huge portions and food was delicious!

Reviewed January 16, 2016

My general opinion of CORA,s is over-rated. This specific outlet lives up to its bragging rights. The food is great,the fruit is fresh and ripe. Children's menu is excellent,truly excellent.