“great way to start the day”

Cora's Breakfast and Lunch
Ranked #374 of 2,915 Restaurants in Ottawa
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Phone number (613) 563-2672 I don't know what to list as the cuisine type. It is a breakfast, brunch, pancake, sandwich place.
Reviewed July 18, 2013

what a treat! great food and friendly service what more can you ask for. we were a party of six including two little ones, there was enough variety on the menu to make everyone happy from the health conscience to the picky eating three year old. from pancakes and waffles with fresh fruit of course, to a manly mans breakfast of eggs and bacon, everyone left happy. thanks again for the quick and friendly service that I have come to expect at all cora's restaurants

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Sat down, ordered, one person in our party didn't receive their beverage, waitress forgot. Then ordered. Waited 45 minutes, everyone around us got served and they arrived after us. When we did get our food it was cold. Fruit was turning brown on our plate. Coffee was lukewarm. Waited and waited for a bill, just went to the cash and left. Will never return.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I loved that they would tailor the menu to your needs. But, I don't like how substituting one ingredient for another constitutes an additional charge.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

I discovered Coras Breakfast and Lunch restaurants first in Ottawa, but have since tried them in Toronto and Saskatoon.
I am absolutely sold on them.
The meals are large, beautifully presented, and very nutritious.
Ranging in price from $8.99 to about $13, you could easily make this breakfast your only meal for the day, and cover all your food groups.
Every delectable plate has beautifully cut and presented fruits as well as your meal order.
I tried several meals on the menu and was extremely happy with every one. From amusingly named Eggs Ben and Dictine, to the Festive French Toast special for Christmas, I can heartily recommend Coras.
I wish they would take their franchise to Australia.

1  Thank GoldenOlden
Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

I had egg on toast and fruit. The egg was good. Fruit, that seems to be what makes people to come here, is surely not organic. Kiwi tasted old, grapes were ok, melon tastes like cardboard. I ordered a latte but it was a messy foamy large quantity of coffee/milk mixture with hardly the right taste.
Our waitress was kind and welcoming but she clearly lied when I asked if the coffee was good.
Last, my pants got stained with maple syrup from unclean chair.
Not recommended but lots of room for improvement.