“Awful steaks”
Review of The Shore Club

The Shore Club
Reserve with OpenTable
The Shore Club is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #64 of 2,808 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Rideau Street
Reviewed February 3, 2013

My wife and I decided to treat ourselves. The service was good and the staff was friendly. The steaks were burnt, overcooked and tasteless. The broth for the mussells was tasteless and blawh. We always wanted to try this place but after our first experience, we decided that it would be our last experience. A truly overpriced restaurant. All in all, we will stick with Hy's. Would not recommend this place at all. They should think of changing the chef.

1  Thank Wibbie
There are newer reviews for The Shore Club

Reviewed February 2, 2013

This is the second time we (my partner and I) have been to this restaurant and this review is in stark contrast to the last one written. This time the food was terrible. We ordered salmon which was dry and below average tasting. The calamari was so rubbery that we could not even pick it up with a fork because it would not penetrate. We both made several attempts and actually laughed at one point. The scallops and prawns were rubbery as well as they were obviously not cooked properly. The brownie for dessert disintegrated when a fork was used to pick it up. They served it with ice cream. I have never seen such a cheap portion (half a scoop). The brownie was obviously missing ingredients like eggs to hold it together. Furthermore, the service was annoying. We had 5 different servers come to our table within 10 minutes of sitting. At times they stood just off to the side and cued every bite waiting to upsell us or hurry us along. Countless of our conversations were interrupted. At one point, I was drinking my wine and my partner had just set his glass down and the waiter 'swooped' in to refill our glasses. I held mine in my hand just to stop his interruption. He then waited to the side and watched. What is that all about? Our bill was just under $200. We chose this restaurant as it was our anniversary and frankly did not enjoy the experience. Don't waste your money if you want to have intimate dinner with good food. We will NEVER return!

2  Thank Patricia O
Reviewed January 2, 2013

This is a steak house, but the steak was tasteless. The waiter was very attentive at time but disappeared while we waited for a coffee refill. There was table of 6 or 8 next to us that it appeared he was favoring ($$$).

2  Thank StinkyandStinkpretty
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Great food, great service (thank you Ralph for taking such good care of us and for your excellent recommendations!). My mother and I had a wonderful evening.

2  Thank RenataKirsch
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Excellent restaurant in the Westin Ottawa. Food and service was fantastic from welcoming staff. Not overly expensive given the the quality.

4  Thank SL.123