“Holding Charge”

Travelodge Ottawa West
Ranked #59 of 68 Hotels in Ottawa
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I realize that the hotel places a holding charge when I check in, but I feel that this charge should be removed from my credit card immediately after payment of my bill. I did not realize this and its now 3 days after I stayed there and i still cannot use mt credit card because this extra charge over and above my hotel bill is still locked in.
What would have happened if i had continued my trip and had to use this credit card for an emergency, or needed gas on the way home. I use this card for this type of trip only and only have a low credit limit on it

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Write a ReviewReviews (2,362)

Reviewed September 29, 2012

I have been to this hotel on numerous occassions and even recommended this hotel to my wives parents who also booked a room for the same date, However I have never been treated the way I have on this occasion by the hotel clerk. This will be the last time we stay at this hotel or recommend it.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

We found the room not clean and in fact found a pair of thong underwear on the floor! As well extremely loud music was played by the pool for over 3 hours each evening and as we were given a room bythe pool (274) the sound reverberated around like an echo chamber-we won`t, of course, be repeating or recommending this experience!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2012

From the time we entered the hotel, the staff was accomodating and gave us advice to make our stay more enjoyable. The room was clean and close to the pool. The balcony allowed us a wonderful view of the pool and a little bit of space out of the room its self. We stayed at the travellodge as we werewanting to use the pool, hot tub and slide. Other pools in the area, limit the height for sliders. Our son was glad to know that he was not one inch to short to go on the slide. The pool staff were amazing as they ensure the youth were safe while they were in the pool area. The housekeeper was professional and did a great job refreshing the room. The only inconvenience was the fire alarm at five am, but it was better to have a fire alarm go off than if it didn't and something happened. Kudo's the next day for fire alarm testing during the day! Upon answering questions below, if there was a continental breakfast provided for guests at the hotel, we were not aware of it.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Rodney M
Reviewed September 25, 2012

My clients visit included a 5am fire alarm/evacuation, spotty internet throughout all 3 days despite hotel staff's attempts to fix the situation, and a very weak hotel restaurant in terms speed of service. My client has requested that we not book him in this hotel again in the future.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

The Internet was uninterupted in my room one day. They say it is a new provider and they are working with them on the problem. Let's hope so. The one meal I ate at the hotel was mediocre at best - but more interesting was the fact that one waitress acted as hostess, waitress, buss-person, bartender and cashier for a constant 15 - 20 guests. To her credit, she always smiled and did a great job, all things considered. (Be patient). Not a good way to run a hotel though.the hotel staff were all pleasant and helpful. The room was adequate and clean; nothing special though. It was near the office whe I had business, but not near much else. My advice is: pick your Ottawa hotel carefully. (can't fault them for the 5 AM (false) fire alarm.)
Forget the breakfast. It costs $10.00 and I have had better for free at other hotels. Buffet with institutional scrambled eggs and a few other items - very few.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

The hotel is not far from the downtown, we could drive there in 15-20 minutes. The parking is free , and there is free wifi as well.
The room was spacious, and clean. The front desk staff was helpful, the early check in was possible without fees.
It was a good hotel with good value for money.

Room Tip: If you are not interested in the pool, ask room not facing to the pool area (it could be very noisy...