“Great hotel!”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Downtown
Ranked #48 of 68 Hotels in Ottawa
Reviewed February 18, 2010

We stayed here on Priority Club points in February - right at the start of Winterlude. The front desk staff at the hotel were great at check-in and included a lovely upgrade for us.
The rooms were relatively clean although there were a few cobwebs in the corners of the ceiling and the bathroom looked like it could have used a new counter or a bit of an upgrade.
It's a great location: close to the market & Parliament and also Elgin Street which has great pubs and shops.
I would totally recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Ottawa.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 14, 2010

So just got back from Canada, and spent 2 nights at this hotel. I enjoyed the hotel and Ottawa so much it had me wishing i had booked an extra day in Ottawa. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful, the hotel is well located and a 5 minute walk from the canal and close to the downtown area. Rooms are great, large and spacious with full kitchens (Microwaves, fridge etc)

Regarding the staff, here is an example how friendly and efficient they are. I had checked out of the the Fairmont and took a taxi to the Holiday inn, i payed the driver and then went in. While checking in, i was asked for my credit card when checking my pockets i realised i had left it in the taxi. Within a few seconds the guy helping me was on the phone with the phone company, i was really worried as my wallet had most of my travelling money + credit cards etc. Within 30 mins he had gotten the driver to come back and return my wallet.

Great Service and the hotel is highly recomended

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2009

I Booked the hotel 3 weeks in advance. The parking was sold out to NON-HOTEL guests before the 4pm check in time. There was no Valet or Doorman. I was told to park at the city hall parkade and given a tiny map. I got lost. My car was damaged at the public parkade. The manager's response was "TOO BAD"
Don't stay here.

Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank tigger6
Reviewed September 2, 2009

We stayed at the Holiday for two nights on the 16th floor, the very top, and it was excellent. The rooms are quite large with a kitchenette to make a quick breakfast and keep your beverages cold, etc. The rooms were very clean and the beds quite comfy. The only thing that bothered me was the noisy fan for the air conditioner.
This hotel is 5 minutes walking distance to the downtown area, parliament and Rideau Mall. Great location!! We would definately go back to Holiday Inn Suites again.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2009

nice cosy hotel, room are large and with full kitchen. a no brainer.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2009

It could do with some interior updating. But overall it was a ok experience - close to the major sights, room I stayed in (for 4 adults) was big, it included a kitchenette with only a microwave oven, mini-fridge, coffee-maker. Coin-operated washing machines are available (on each level, I think).

Would have been better if they included breakfast in my package.

Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 14, 2009

I have travelled a fair bit over teh past 25 years from every province adn territory to southern resorts adn international destinations as far awy as China. I have encountered varying levels of service and I was truly amazed at teh positive attitude of the staff. The Hotel is conveniently located down town Ottawa and within an easy walk or short cab ride. Parking is available at a nominal charge ( $12). The rooms are very large and the price you couldn't beat at average $105 per night for 3 night stay. The Kitchenette was very well equipped and the hotel, though a little dated is exceptionally clean. Every staff member we encountered always greeted you pleasantly and positively, and when special attention was required, the reply was always a simple, "No Problem" from the request for a bottle of wine upon check in, to the addition of a cot when requested and to the acceptance of our small dog at teh hotel. I will be in Ottawa again in the near future and I will be staying here again.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family