“Great Stop” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #43 of 67 Hotels in Ottawa
Toronto, Canada
“Great Stop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2009

We stayed at the Days Inn during Winterlude/Family weekend in February. I was 7 month pregnant at the time and was pleasantly surprised at the facility that the hotel provided. Although not located in the downtown core, there is a grocery store and lots of places to eat quick. The beds were pretty great..not 5 star but definitely enough to keep me and my body happy. The rooms were cleaned very well and everything was extremely clean. It's not a brand new hotel, but they have definitely maintained it. There was a continental breakfast served in the mornings which had cereals, milk, coffee, juice and a variety of toasts with jam. Enough to get you through the morning. The hotel was right off the highway which leads to downtown in about 10-15 minutes (TOPS). This was great as it was quiet at night and let us sleep as much as we wanted.

The parking was also included in the price and it was kind of hard to get a free spot on saturday night (there is a pub joined to the hotel that fills up the parking lot quickly), but wiht a bit of patience we got ourselves parked in for free.

All in all, this is a great place to stay for a couple of days if you have a car and don't mind the extra distance to the "excitement" downtown Ottawa.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Cape Coral, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2008

Thought I would give this place a try since we were visiting friends in Nepean, which is very close. bad idea. This place is pretty bad. We booked a deluxe suite and paid good money for it ($189)- but the bed was truly awful, pillows were terrible, bathroom was cramped, heater was loud, furnishings were old, TV was 1980's, breakfast bar was pathetic (bags of white bread and english muffins, instant oatmeal, weak coffee)- shall I go on or do you get the picture. Next time we are going back to Kanata to stay at the Brookstreet or the Kanata HI express.

• Stayed February 2008
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Ottawa hotels

Toronto
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2007

We booked 2 rooms for Sept 7th and 8th. My brother had items missing from his hotel room after the first night. He phoned front desk and the items were returned to him.

On the second night I was missing a shirt. I called front desk and they told me to call back in the morning which I did.
In the morning I was told they would look into the missing shirt. We eventually checked out - with no shirt. 2 days later my shirt arrived via FedEx. No note, call, explanation - nothing.

Yesterday I noticed a charge on my credit card for $18.51 in FedEx charges to send me my shirt back. Are you kidding me?? I didn't misplace my shirt or leave it behind. It was stolen from my hotel room. And then they charged me to send it back??

I've sent messages to the Days Inn Corporate offices and also the mananger of the Days Inn West and I have gotten no reply.

I travel to Ottawa often and I was at the Days Inn Airport in June with no complaints.

• Stayed September 2007
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank TorontoLD
Winchester, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2007

Good upscale motel I have stayed at several times while on business. There is a great pub attached to the hotel which is far better than the average hotel/motel eatery. Rooms are recently renovated and while not fancy are clean.

I've paid various rates for the hotel, at less than C$100 it is a steal.

Stayed August 2007
Minneapolis, MN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2007

Very friendly staff greeted us in the lobby. The beds were comfortable and the rooms very clean. The location was perfect for us as we were just stopping through on the way to Vermont and prefered not to travel into Ottawa. I wasn't too impressed with the continental breakfast, I've certainly had better, but there were a few good options and the coffee was ok. All in all, it was a good experience and a great value for a two-star!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — no pool
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2007

It was our second time to this Days Inn. Their high standards remain.

This property is across the street from Loblaws supermarket, Wal-mart, and McDonalds. Free breakfast includes coffee, orange juice, english muffins and bread for toasting, bite size muffins, 3 cold cereals. Although busy, staff kept things in order.

Our room had 2 queens, a small fridge, a luggage bench with storage drawers. Air conditioning worked well. Bathroom has new tiles, new shower curtain. Extra pillows were in the tv unit drawers.

Fitness room is a converted guest room; equipment is very new and included treadmills and an eliptical. No towels, but there is a water cooler.

Free parking. This hotel is easy to get onto highways, at the west end of Ottawa.

• Liked — well-maintained
  • Disliked — no pool
  • Stayed August 2007
Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2007

I have stayed at this hotel a few times.... In Dec, 2003 and Dec,2004 during my visits to Ottawa.

The hotel is located in the Neapean suburbs of the city and is a very comfortable place to stay.

Never had any meals here though. I was really happy to see the high speed broaband connection free of cost in my room.

Its one of the best days Inn I have stayed in.

• Stayed December 2004, traveled on business