“Problems”

Ranked #40 of 67 Hotels in Ottawa
Toronto
“Problems”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Stayed at the Days Inn for a soccer tournament early September 2013. Bad luck and bed bugs are a fact of life. Would not have left with bad feelings if the hotel had managed the incident with good customer service. What we got was poorly trained staff, little communication, and unacceptable response times. Follow up by the hotel was sub par.

I was bitten by a bedbug Friday night of our stay. It was my first time exposure so it was not till Sunday when I returned home and did some Internet searches that I knew what we had been exposed to. I immediately called the hotel and was told to call back in the morning....... Really?

It took three days and several phone calls on my part to somewhat address the issue. Waiting for pest report, manager on vacation, etc. were the excuses I was given. The acting manager promised me that a refund for our stay had been processed by Expedia and the manager would follow up with me when he returned on Monday.

I waited for his call on Monday, anxious to see the pest report - no contact.
I had to call him. Tuesday followed up with Expedia to check on our refund. It had not been processed as promised 6 days earlier.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Everything was right: location (had to go to Kanata and downtown Ottawa), the price was right and the room was very comfortable (the outside construction noise could not be helped but was easily ignored.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Unless you have a pet with you, I honestly have no idea why anyone would stay here when there is a brand new Holiday Inn Express less then 500 metres away. The only reason we stayed here was because of the pet, and I immediately began looking at other options once we got the keys to our room.

The only two things this hotel has going for it is that the bed and linens were very comfortable, and there is a decent sports bar attached to it to grab a meal. Everything goes downhill from there though. The room was in major need of a complete renovation: Stains all over the floor and a dungeon of a bathroom. I didn't even feel comfortable bathing our child in the tub, it was so gross. For the price you pay for this hotel, you could stay at several other nicer hotels in either Bells Corner or Kanata. The staff at the front desk were not helpful at all, and completely indifferent about assisting guests. We had to wait to checkout while one employee complained about their scheduling and tried to trade shifts with another employee on the phone: Very unprofessional. The location on the corner of Moodie and Robertson is also not very convenient. It's difficult to turn left on either street, especially since there is no lights and traffic can get quite busy. Going north on Moodie, you also cannot turn left into the hotel. Very frustrating when you don't know the area very well.

Bottom line: I would not recommend this hotel. Stay at the Holiday Inn instead.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't get a pet room because they are disgusting.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Ottawa hotels

Travelers also viewed these Ottawa hotels
Kanata
Comfort Inn West
Comfort Inn West
#39 of 67 in Ottawa
Travelodge Ottawa East
#50 of 67 in Ottawa

Been to Days Inn - Ottawa West? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn - Ottawa West

Property: Days Inn - Ottawa West
Address: 350 Moodie Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2H 8G3, Canada
Location: Canada > Ontario > Ottawa
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant
Ranked #40 of 67 Hotels in Ottawa
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Days Inn - Ottawa West 2.5*
Please note that the pet friendly rooms are strictly on the Ground Floor and a fee per night does apply. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Days Inn - Ottawa West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn Ottawa West Hotel Ottawa