“Good motel”

Ranked #58 of 67 Hotels in Ottawa
Toronto, Canada
“Good motel”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I needed a motel/hotel last minute in the east end of Ottawa, and this one came up. It was very convenient to the surprise party that I was attending. The room was clean comfortable and quiet. I don't usually require much more. It had a small fridge which was a surprise and appreciated. Would I stay there again? Yes as the quality, service and price match. good value.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Rod C
VRV98, Guest Relations Manager at Value Inn, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your unbiased opinion. We highly value your feedback. As through them, we are able to improve our services. At Value Inn Ottawa, we always try to give the best value of your dollar by providing clean and comfortable accommodation. Once again thanks.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
ottawa
Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here Feb.2 , 2013 and our room was Very clean with a huge heart shaped jacuzzi tub , fireplace, fridge.It was a really nice place and great location close to shopping malls and restaurants and staff were very friendly too.We will return :)

Gary

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank joannej555
VRV98, General Manager at Value Inn, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Valued Guest, (Jo-anne),
I Thank you for taking the time and giving us your positive feedback. I am very excited to learn that you had a pleasant stay and enjoyed our JACUZZI room. I have comended my staff for their contribution of providing good service. We look forward to see you again as our valued guest.
Thanks again,
Sentosa Island, Singapore
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I had wonderful stay at value inn in Ottawa, it is at very convenient location to the highway & downtown. I got bang for my buck, staff was friendly, Front desk guy ( parth ) was very efficient & friendly. I really Appreciate for there Great Hospitality.

Room Tip: King Size suite
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
VRV98, General Manager at Value Inn, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear Ms Chang,
I Thank you for your wonderful coments and comending my front desk staff Parth. We at Value Inn take great pride in serving our valued guests. I thank you for your patronage and I welcome you to the beautiful capitol city of CANADA Ottawa again.
Looking forward for your next visit.

In hospitality,
Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

On my girlfriends birthday Dec 21at I was grateful to have been at the Value Inn jacuzzi suite. I was totally amaze on how great I was welcomed by the staff and that help us fell comfortable creating a great night to remember. I recommend this place100%. I say a big thank you to the value inn staff in Ottawa on Montreal rd.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Getoutcheckout
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Recently I stayed at the Value Inn and I found the room worth its price. Everything in the room was clean and well maintained. The staff was very friendly and the I had no problems connecting to the wireless internet. In addition, during the night there were no disturbances and therefore I was able to have a comfortable sleep. The location was convenient as it was close to my work in downtown Ottawa. In my opinion they are doing the best they can to accommodate their customer. Do not believe the other reviews, some people are simply not satisfied no matter what they get.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Eric P
VRV98, General Manager at Value Inn, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear Eric,
I take this opportunity to THANK YOU for taking the time to write your coments. I am very glad you experienced great service and were fully satisfied. I look forward to serve you as a valued Guest to Value Inn again. I appreciate your business.
Thanks again.
In Hospitality,
Saint Thomas, Canada
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Our son was getting married and we chose the Inn for proximity to the Bride's home and the pictures of the accomodations posted on their website. We travelled 8 hours only to find what we felt was a bait and switch situation! We were given the " old drive up motel type room" We opened the door entered, looked around and found the furnishings not to be garage sale worthy. The room smelled and were concerned about the security of the room given the open door to the parking lot. We immediately returned to the desk requesting another room only to be told there are no other rooms. We had pre booked 2 rooms for 3 nights in April 26th for the long Canada Day W/E. After great debate and hassel our money deposit was refunded however we were obligated to pay the cancellation penalty of $30 per room plus tax. It was worth it to escape. Imagine the family of the groom trying to find 2 rooms for 3 nights last minute on a long weekend in the nations capitol. The Hampton Court was wonderful and so was the wedding! Martha C

Room Tip: Nothing good to say
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
9 Thank Martha C
VRV98, Manager at Value Inn, responded to this review, August 26, 2012
I am sorry to learn about the circumstances, which made it necessary to write. Please accept our apology for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Our building is a low rise motel type, where one can drive to the front of the room and its door opens to the parking lot. Majority of the motels have similar set up and we are no different. We have never advertise nor shown anywhere that ours is a modern high rise hotel. I think you had a high expectation than what we can satisfy. You had an ample time and opportunity to find out more about our location. You made a reservation about 2 months in advance, near your bride's home. Some one can easily drive by and see what kind of motel we are. As far as the security is concerned, one is more secured here then at home. There is 24 hour staff and video survillance camera. The fact that we were full, shows that others have no problem with our set up and security.
Normally, you are responsible for one night charge of $ 241.50 to cancel the reservation after deadline. However, we charge only $ 30.00 as a reimbursement of commission to be paid to EXPEDIA, as you made reservation through their website. And believe me, Expedia's total charges for your reservation is much more than what you paid. Ms. Martha C, we try our best to make our guest happy. It is unfortunate that our flat screeh TV with new furniture and fully renovated room was not to your taste. In future, we will certainly keep your comments in consideration in renovation plan. Again, I deeply regret the inconvenience we have caused you and thank you for your comments.

Travelers are raving about these Ottawa hotels

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 4, 2012

We've been to Value inn hotel in Ottawa and are very dissapointed. We are dissapointed from the staff bad costumer service. They didn't try to help us at all, they blame us about everything that went wrong, because we complained they told us to leave the hotel . The towels were dirty, the "continental breakfast" was in the lowest standarts we've ever seen (just orange juice and muffins).
I think that the hotel's managmant should better think how to improve themselves rather than blaming the costumers.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Adi L
VRV98, Guest Relations Manager at Value Inn, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
I am sorry to learn that you had a disappointing experience. I have investigated this matter. It took long to respond as your name wasn't registered in our system. After detailed investigation and correspondence, I found out the facts about your matter. We tried our best to serve you and make everyone happy. At the same time, we expect that everyone should respect our property and its policy. Since you didn't had a credit card, no other hotel/motel in our area rented a room. However, we rented you considring a genuine traveler. You declared two persons in the card. But you were six in fact. And Some of you were sleeping in the hallway. We came to know only when other guests complained about these and noise in the hallway. Our staff requested all extra persons to leave, but he was insulted. Next day, you didn't check out until 2.00 pm whereas our checkout time is at 11.00am. At last, we have to call Police and that's when you got upset. But we had no choice but to call police, beacuse you & your friends weren't leaving the room nor paying for the second day.
I am sorry if my staff used a language, which he is not supoose to or if he got upset. But he is human too and there is a limit of our patience. We are here to serve you and give service to the best of our capacity. But as a human, we expect from you a respect to us and to our property. I assure you that if you follow this, you will get the best of everything from us.