“Excellent customer service : )”
Review of The Westin Ottawa

The Westin Ottawa
Ranked #6 of 67 Hotels in Ottawa
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Excellent customer service : )”
Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is modern and comfortable. This was my second stay and my previous stay was excellent. This time my stay has had a few problems - my first room (809) was an awkward design and noisy. I realize the construction at the Rideau Centre is beyond the hotel's control; when I brought my concern to the attention of staff I was moved to another room right away. My next room was much better and the bathroom design more spacious. However, the room had a very strong scent of men's cologne. The scent was giving me a headache. My theory is someone smoked in the room and it was 'sanitized'. Again I was accommodated and moved to another room. Overall, the customer service is excellent and I feel the staff do everything possible to accommodate guest's needs/request.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Xeastcoaster
TheWestinOttawa, General Manager at The Westin Ottawa, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear Xeastcoaster,

Thank you for your comments! We apologize for the numerous room changes, however it sounds like our Westin Ottawa team provided you with excellent service which we always love to hear.

In an ideal situation we wouldn't run into these issues, but when certain things are out of our control it’s great to know that our team takes care of guests so thank you again for your feedback.

I hope to welcome you back to our hotel again very soon.

Ross M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (551)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Great stay at the Westin after a full day of conference at the Ottawa Convention Centre. The room was perfect and I have to commend the guest services rep at the desk who checked us in. She was unable to find our reservation and dealt with the situation quickly and smoothly, getting us a room at the group rate for our group, and helping to ease the stress of the situation. Well done!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Langley City, Canada
Reviewed March 27, 2014

My partner had business in Ottawa so I tagged along and I am SO glad I did. The hotel was amazing. The service and helpfulness to guests was fantastic! The rooms were spacious with large floor to ceiling windows. Linens were high quality, beds were amazingly comfortable and rooms were quiet. The hotel is in a fantastic area and has views of the aprliment buildings and Byward market. Within easy walking distance to most attractions. Byward market, Parliament Buildings, War memorial, Royal Canadian Mint, Rideau mall, Museums and is connected to the Rideau mall. We used the gym/pool area and although it was a bit dated it was clean and comfortable. We also ordered room service a couple times and were impressed with the quick and professional service. The food was amazing and presented beautifully. Strongly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to enjoy the city's amenities in style and comfort!

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
TheWestinOttawa, General Manager at The Westin Ottawa, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear Jennsar2014,

That you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are delighted that you chose to join your partner on the business trip and even more so delighted that you had such an exceptional time!

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again very soon in the future.

Kingston, Canada
Reviewed March 24, 2014

-beautiful rooms, great views on west side!
-right across the road from the Rideau Canal
-Rideau Centre Mall is attached
-Got upgraded to the 18th floor with view of city for free
-friendly staff
-good valet parking
- Pool is a bit dated and sauna's are in Bathrooms

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed March 23, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Westin for the weekend and we are very satisfied.
We went on our wedding anniversary. The location is perfect, with a view of parliament hill, and 5 minute walk to Byward market. The hotel is also connected to the Rideau mall and that was very convenient. We used the gym and indoor swimming pool at the hotel. They have very good quality gym equipment and the pool area is clean. There is a changing room with secure lockers, showers and a spacious sauna. Will definitely going back to this hotel the next time I'm in Ottawa.

• Stayed March 2014
TheWestinOttawa, General Manager at The Westin Ottawa, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear Fauve4ever,

Thank you for your feedback. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the Westin Ottawa, and want to wish you and your husband a very happy anniversary.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again.

North Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed March 22, 2014

What more can I say? It has a good gym with two rooms and a lot of equipment, jacuzzi, swimming pool, quiet rooms, large wonderful beds and a unique system for the elevators (advertised as the only one in North America). They care about their customers: the stopper in my bathroom sink was not working but I did not bother to report it, since it is common to find this issue in many hotels. However, the maid must have noticed it while cleaning the room because an employee of the hotel knocked on my door, saying that he had come to fix the problem with the sink stopper. Also, one morning I woke up to find a note under my door: it explained that the hotel was very sorry for the noise outside the previous night, but it was caused by construction being performed by the city of Ottawa and that the hotel had contacted the city to complain about it. I am a light sleeper and did not hear any noise, although I understand that some people staying in rooms in a different location, heard it. These examples show the care the hotel administration has in relation to its guests.
The only negative point about the hotel is that its restaurant, Daly's, is extremely expensive, so be aware that breakfast is not going to be any cheaper than, at least, $20.00. It is a robbery! Since there is a mall attached to the hotel and you have no need to go outside, you can always avoid the exhorbitant prices for breakfast in the hotel by going to the options offered in the mall.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Bayahibe, Dominican Republic
Reviewed March 21, 2014

I was pleasantly surprised with the whole experience. I am generally not one for larger chains, preferring boutique and BnBs, but the conference convenience in the cold won. The room was clean and well appointed (so happy they had not surrendered the room beverage service to those dreadful Keurig machines! I love tea that doesn't taste like coffee). The view of Parliament Hill both day and night was lovely.
The best part of this place is the staff. They are friendly, helpful and just the right amount of outgoing. From the moment they greet you to take your bag after a long trip, you feel welcome. Clearly, the place is well managed and customer service is at the core. Nicely done!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank NeophyteHiker
Dear NeophiteHiker,

Thank you for reviewing the Westin Ottawa. I am thrilled to hear that you decided to stay with us and that the experience exceeded your expectations.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.