“good stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Canada, Kentucky
“good stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

I stayed three nights in November and received an unrefurbished room at the quiet end of the corridor. I had been booked into a refurbished room with a connecting door, but requested a quiet room on check-in. I was pleased with my room's peace and quiet. The bed and linens were clean and very comfortable.

The white velvet chairs in the room had seen better days, and were ready for replacement. The coffee maker poured out brown gunk when I ran some water through to clean it, and I asked for a replacement unit, which was promptly delivered.

I didn't eat in the restaurants or bar, but had one catered lunch at a business meeting on the 4th floor. I received the vegetarian option, which was quite watery pasta. I much preferred to eat out for the rest of my stay.

Front desk staff were very pleasant and professional, and despite some frayed furniture (that's being addressed through refurbishment) I had a good stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
TheWestinOttawa, General Manager at The Westin Ottawa, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear Human44,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the peace and quiet of your room, as well as your heavenly bed. I will be sharing your feedback regarding the state of your chairs and coffee maker with our housekeeping team, and I will also be passing along your feedback regarding the vegetarian lunch option you received to our team of chefs. We pride ourselves on providing an elevated culinary experience here at The Westin Ottawa, and I am sorry to hear that you were unimpressed with our offerings. Nevertheless, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and I hope to welcome you back again in the future.

John J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (538)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

Location - centrally located. Conveniently connected to the Rideau mall.
Room - as I had booked last minute, I had the 'workout room' which had a treadmill, weights, exercise ball, and yoga mat in my room! The room was at the end of the hall and it had a stunning view of the canal. This shower had the best pressure and spray EVER with its Koehler nozzle! I slept very well in the comfy king sized bed.
I think 2 of the 4 elevators were being serviced so in the morning, I must have waited about 10 min for an elevator down to the lobby and I barely squeezed in.
The front desk is very efficient. I had the express check-out and the bill was emailed to my Blackberry and there is a drop-off box for your hotel cards.
I was there one weeknight and found it to be VERY expensive. Despite loving that 'workout' room (as all the standard rooms were booked), it was definitely not worth it. Besides the price, everything was perfect.

Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

This Westin is in clear need of renovation. They are renewing the elevators right now and it was a bit frustrating but they did an excellent job of redirecting people to some service elevators and I thought this was great evidence of a focus on customer satisfaction.

The two chairs in my room where covered in an off white velvet fabric - they looked quite dirty. The heavenly bed was excellent and the towels in the bathroom were good.

I chose to forgo the cleaning service for 500 extra points on my Starwood Preferred Guest account and since I was only there for 2 nights, I felt it was a good choice. I don't know if I would do it for a longer stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of Parliament and the canal!
Dear Lawgigal,

Thank you for your comments, and for bearing with us during our elevator project. Despite the disruption, I am pleased to hear that you noticed the extra attention and focus we have placed on assisting our guests any way we can during this transition. I am sorry to hear about the state of the chairs in your room, and I will certainly be sharing this information with our housekeeping team.

Thank you once again for your feedback, and I hope to welcome you back again soon.

toronto
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

Nice hotel in a very good location in Ottawa but a little seedy at night. Trendy restaurants in the area - hotel food just ok but EXTREMELY expensive. No turndown service, housekeeping a bit hit and miss. Great massage at teh fitness centre. Excellent fitness facilities. Staff very friendly and professional - valet parking attendants soooo nice and quick. It's a good hotel but definately NOT worth the price midweek! Bar pretty, bartenders disinterested. Breakfast way overpriced but good selection.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Belize City, Belize
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

I have stayed in Westin Hotels numerous times and this is my second time at this Westin Hotel and just feel that is falls short of my expectations.
upon checking in I was told that the room was not ready and that the hotel was going to call us once the room was ready. 3 hrs later return to the hotel to check if room was ready just to be told yes it was ready and they forgot to call me. Room was very clean and nice. Great view. upon checking out they charge me for a no show when they had voided the reservation and redone it since they had upgrade my room. It took 20 minutes to get it changed. The front desk staff was very courteous and give us a coupon for breakfast due to the inconvenience which was very nice of her. Over all felt that it falls short in customer service and need more effort in this area.

Dear TedTejada,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am very sorry to hear that you were let down by your arrival experience, and that we dropped the ball and left you waiting longer than necessary. I assure you this of course never our intention, but I will be following up with the front office to ensure we have a clear process in place for requests of this nature in the future. I am very concerned to hear that you feel that our customer service fell short, as we typically celebrate our associates for providing an experience that is personal, better, and more special than anywhere else. I am certainly taking your comments under advisement, and will be sharing them with our entire operational team.

Thank you once again for your feedback.

Rimini, Italy
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

I stayed at the Westin for a conference for four nights. The room was nice. I must say this socalled heavenly shower is nothing special at all. Optional breakfast is priced around $25, which should be illegal! The room price is also very high, fortunately I could share with a colleague. We had free wifi (I guess because of the conf.), so that made everything more enjoyable. The lobby is very nice, and the hotel is located near the Parliament, which is a nice walk.

Dear rumore0,

Thank you for your comments. Although I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your room, I am sorry to hear that you were not impressed by the Heavenly Shower experience, and that you found the breakfast price to be too high. Although our buffet breakfast price is about $25, we do offer a la carte breakfast options for lower prices, and even have “grab and go” options available at Daly’s Express coffee bar for less than $5. I apologize that you felt the buffet price was off putting, but I assure you the quality, quantity, and options available on the buffet are reflective of the allocated price.

Thank you once again for your feedback.

various
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

A nice big room and very comfortable beds but we were only there for a short visit. I was impressed with the good service. We had room service which was not up to much but we complained and it was rectified very quickly. Wifi and room service pricey but a great night sleep.