“A very short visit but nice hotel- I would like to return”
Review of The Westin Ottawa

The Westin Ottawa
Ranked #10 of 68 Hotels in Ottawa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 16, 2012

A nice big room and very comfortable beds but we were only there for a short visit. I was impressed with the good service. We had room service which was not up to much but we complained and it was rectified very quickly. Wifi and room service pricey but a great night sleep.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,191)

Reviewed November 15, 2012

From my husband: A so-called Deluxe room with a so-called heavenly bath disappointed. Breakfast was expensive and was not included in the price, WiFi was extortionate, bath was tiny. The room itself was nice, it was clean, it just misrepresented itself and was not worth in any way what it cost.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank ChloeHT
TheWestinOttawa, General Manager at The Westin Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

Dear ChloeHT,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay. I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed by your experience at The Westin Ottawa. I assure you that our goal is for every guest to have their expectations not only met, but exceeded. I am truly sorry to hear that this was not the case for you and your husband. Should you wish to return in the future, I would encourage you to contact the hotel directly when booking to ensure your expectations and needs are met in every way.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

I have stayed at the Westin many times and I like the decor and the comfortable beds. Some deluxe rooms have view on the Parliament. The gym and pool are fine. It is connected with the mall and centrally located in town near By Market, Fine art museum and Parliament. The main problem which is likely temporary is that they have been renovating the elevators for months now and often it takes forever before you can get the elevator (more than 10 minutes) which is very frustrating. It may also be better to avoid this hotel the weekends during "proms" and big conventions as it may be noisy, even on a floor expected to be quiet.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
TheWestinOttawa, General Manager at The Westin Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Dear Isa_R_Montreal,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am very happy to hear that you have chosen to call The Westin Ottawa your home away from home time and again while visiting our Nation’s Capital. I would like to apologize for the extended wait times during your most recent stay; we are working as quickly and diligently as possible to modernize all four of our guest elevators. For the time being one elevator is out of service at all times, which unfortunately does inevitably create longer wait times than usual. I would encourage you to make use of our two extra service elevators which have been made available for guest use for the time being, I thank you for your patience during this transition. I assure you that once complete, our elevators will be extremely efficient, and worth the current inconvenience.

I look forward to welcoming you back again when your travels bring you back to Ottawa.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Only the second time I have used this hotel. I attended a conference so the experience included meeting space, catering, business services, etc. The room I had was a good size very clean and comfortable. It was the dedication of the entire service team that made this stay so wonderful. Congratulations to the GM and his staff.

Room Tip: Better view on the higher floors. Direct link to shopping centre.

Dear McSmith978,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments! I am thrilled to hear your enjoyed your second stay with us, and I am honoured by your complimentary words. Our team at The Westin Ottawa truly takes pride in providing unparalleled customer serviced for each and every guest. Striving to make each guest feel welcome and cared for is integral to our service culture, and I am delighted to hear that this dedication shone through in your recent experience. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Old hotel not well mainatined. Service is average. location is very central connected to Mall. nice view from higher floors. old rooms and not too comfy..Its over priced..... shold consider Minto Hotel in Ottawa.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
TheWestinOttawa, General Manager at The Westin Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Dear Fawaz S,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I am truly sorry to hear that you did not feel that our property was well maintained. We recently renovated our entire hotel, and we truly value keeping each guest room in top condition. I will be sharing your comments with our maintenance and housekeeping staff to ensure room audits are being conducted on a regular basis so we can identify and correct any deficiencies.

Thank you once again for your feedback.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

We visited the Westin as part of our Princess Tour before we boarded our ship in Quebec City. We were given a lovely front room which was quite spacious. We had a wonderful dinner in their top restaurant, The Shore Club, on our only night there and next morning we had a delicous breakfast in Daly's Restaurant.

The Westin is close to everything of interest including Parliament House and a huge shopping complex is attached to the hotel.

The only downside was that some of the elevators weren't working, apparently they were being upgraded and that made it very time consuming moving from our room to the ground floor.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Aussiegal15,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Westin Ottawa. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I apologize for the wait times you experienced with regards to our elevators; we are in the process of completely modernizing the entire system, which unfortunately means that one of our four guest elevators is out of service at all times. We are working diligently to ensure this process is completed as quickly as possible, and I assure you that the finished product will be fast, efficient, and very much improved. I hope to welcome you back again in the future for a longer stay!

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Visited the Westin as part of a convention. The location is within walking distance of downtown marketplace which has plenty of restaurants. Also close to numerous tourist attractions (museums, mint, parliament buildings)
The hotel is doing some upgrades which is good as it is showing its age. The Westin chain does have the best beds of any hotel and you do get a very enjoyable rest.
The food at the convention was disappointing, I realize that it is hard to prepare food for 400 at one time but should at least come hot.
One bright spot was the valet parking. The staff were very friendly and prompt.
Overall was disappointed as I have stayed at this hotel numerous times and it appears the property has taken a step backwards

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear M’times,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay. Although I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your Heavenly Bed and our downtown location, I was very concerned to read that you did not enjoy the meals at your convention. Our culinary team takes pride in providing delicious dining options to all sizes of groups, large or small. I will certainly be sharing your comments with our Chef and other members of our culinary management team regarding your experience. I am however very pleased to hear that you were treated so well by our driveway staff. I hope to welcome you back again in the future.