2,336 results
All reviewsshore clubrideau centreheavenly bedbyward marketspg memberparliament hilldirect accessself parkcorner roomdeluxe roomthird floorvalet parkingnational galleryper daychateau laurierthe location is perfectan upgrade
Reviewed July 28, 2012

My partner and I went to visit Ottawa for the week end and stayed at the Westin. We were very pleased by our experience except for one little hick.

After I did my reservation , I received an email asking me if I wanted to upgrade my ``deluxe room`` for a ``corner room`` for a certain amount. I did it seeing that the corner room are much bigger and have an amazing view of the Parliament and the Ottawa River. We got in our room on the 10 th floor and there was a building right in front of the window which left us with no view at all. I immediately called down to ask for a room on a higher floor and they could not accommodate us. However they said if we wanted to downgrade back to our deluxe room , we could go on the 18 floor and have a nice view ( but not panoramic as the corner room ).

Other then that, as soon as we finally settled in the room, we received an amenity ( a bottle of wine) and a welcome card , which was really appreciated.

I must give praise to Florence at the front desk and Patrick ( the concierge), They did an excellent job, responding to our questions and recommending places to eat and what to do in Ottawa.

The Westin is also attached to the Mall and its right in the middle of downtown, Will be back if I return to Ottawa !

Room Tip: Request a higher floor for a better view.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
TheWestinOttawa, General Manager at The Westin Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Dear phil252,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Westin Ottawa! Although all of our upper level corner rooms were booked, I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room on the 18th floor. I would also like to thank you for recognizing Florence and Patrick for the individual efforts they each took to ensure you had a wonderful stay with us. Rest assured I will be sharing your kind words with all of our staff members. I look forward to welcoming you back again the next time you are in Ottawa!

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Rpp,s great what you expect from a Westin....stayed on a higher floor, great view of the city!
Loved being able to access the Rideau Shopping mall from hotel. Very Comfortable beds, loved robes, nice Flat screen TV very new room, we did enjoy, good concierge for directions, close to Ottawa University Campus and the Market

1  Thank happysanman

Dear happysanman,

Thank you for your comments! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Mu husband and I stayed at this hotel! Everything was great and my only complaint is about the service which was horrible!

First day , we were waiting for a parcel to be delivered before noon and we asked front desk to send the item by a taxi to somewhere else (10 minutes away) as we had to leave the hotel early They assured us they would do and by the time we didn't receive the item they told us they simply forgot!

Next day, I noticed that housekeeper didn't come to my room and I went down to the lobby and asked them why? they told me they will be sending someone shortly, I went back to my room and after one hour I had to call them again as nobody showed up. They appologised and promised to resolve the issue. waited for another 45 mins and called them again till finally got my room cleaned!( The staff was very polite but useless!)

Room Tip: The hotel is good but if you have any request from staff be prepare to tell them 2,3 times!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank MarjanK7
TheWestinOttawa, General Manager at The Westin Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

Dear MarjanK7,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. Although I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, I am surprised and disappointed to hear about your experience with regards to our service. At The Westin Ottawa, we pride ourselves on taking exceptionally good care of our guests, and we believe this is what sets us apart from our competition. From your comments, I can see that this was in no way the type of service you experienced, and I truly apologize for the difficulties during your stay. Rest assured I will be sharing your comments with our leadership team to ensure neither of these issues are repeated.
I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again for a true Westin Ottawa experience, complete with outstanding customer service.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Just came back from a Tuesday to Friday trip to Ottawa. Booked a basic room at Westin. Great room, High floor,clean, and modern room. Parking is cheap at $20.00 a night underground. No ned to valet unless you feel the need for double the money. 2 double beds, huge bathroom vanity and space in general. Hit the conceirage up for many questions on how to get places quick, more than welcoming and friendly.
Went to Calypso for a day too, great fun, about 35 minutes from Ottawa. Very convenient to all thing Ottawa, market, Parliament, the mall for a quick coffee in the morning. Sorry I like Tims over Starbucks.

Room Tip: Do not ba afraid of the pre pay rooms. We booked it for a special price and had the what others would pay double for.
1  Thank giselle34

Dear giselle34,

Thank you for your comments! It sounds like you truly enjoyed your stay with us at The Westin Ottawa! I am very pleased to hear that our hotel was the ideal destination for your Ottawa getaway. I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future!

Reviewed July 20, 2012

Continuing our tour through Canada we spent the night in Ottawa. What a lovely Westin. We upgraded to a junior suite using points. Plenty of space with a large living room with sleeper sofa. Good choice for our 13 year old son to have his own bed and space. The hotel apparently only has double size beds, not two queen beds so we upgraded. The bedroom is very large with a king bed and refrigerator. The bathroom was huge with double sinks. Everything was very clean, and the room is in the typical Westin decor. The staff were friendly and our bellman was super nice in helping us and telling us what to do around town. He gave us a visual tour of the city out our 18th floor window. The location is ideal, and very close to Parliament Hill. It is also close to a local mall (in fact it is connect into the mall on the 3rd floor), and the market area where all of the "cool" restaurants shops are located. This is really a very good Westin and a smart choice.

1  Thank FlyRight

Dear FlyRight,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback! I truly enjoyed reading about your stay at our hotel. I am very pleased that your suite upgrade suited your family’s needs, and that our Service Express attendant took the time to show you the sites of the city from your room! I hope to welcome you back again in the future.