The Westin Ottawa
$154
$136
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
The Business Inn & Suites(Ottawa)(Great Value!)
$126
  • Breakfast included
$146
$133
2,255 results
All reviewsshore clubrideau centreheavenly bedbyward marketspg memberparliament hilldirect accessself parkcorner roomdeluxe roomthird floorvalet parkingnational galleryper daychateau laurierhigher floorthe location is perfect
Reviewed January 7, 2012

Absolutely amazing stay. Had a room looking over the canal during feb fest last year. Very modern. I rarely spend extra for a 'special' room, but this was worth it. I wanted to feel pampered during this mini vacation, and this hotel sure made me feel special. HOWEVER, booking the actual room was such a hastel. I called the hotel for pricing, and everyone kept on giving me different prices. I would have to call back, and then the same person would give me a different price. I honestly spent a few hours trying to arrange a simple 1 night stay. It was ridiculous. I have never ever asked to "speak to the manager", but I had to resort to it.ho

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tara J
TheWestinOttawa, Manager at The Westin Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2012

Dear tarajoy,

Thank you for posting your review. It's great to hear that you felt pampered and special during your stay with us - this is our main goal at Westin!

With regards to the booking issues you experienced, as with all hotels, our rates do fluctuate based on our availability. However, I appreciate you highlighting the inconsistency you experienced, and rest assured I will be addressing the issue with my team.

We hope to welcome you back again for another special stay!

Heather D
Director of Reservations & Revenue Management

Reviewed January 5, 2012

This hotel is located in the heart of downtown. We travelled in December and it was cold! The hotel is within a few short blocks of Parliment, Rideau Canal, Byward Market and some great pubs. The hotel is connected to the Rideau Center, a shopping mall that allows you to walk through the mall to get to to the Byward Market, etc without going outside. This is a great hotel on location alone but the beds and pillows were soft and comfortable. The room had a view of Parliment, a nice cooler, Starbucks coffee and a great shower. The staff was excellent. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ajjMichigan
Reviewed January 1, 2012

This hotel is perfectly located, the staff is very nice, the pool is heated and not so small, great gym room and the view that we had from the room makes everything perfect! No doubts that if I visit Ottawa again I would stay there once more. It is not cheap, but I think it worths it!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 30, 2011

The rooms are nice and very big. We had the 2 double beds and found it very spacious. The beds are very comfortable and many choices of pillows. The bathroom is facilities where nice. There was a small fridge and a coffer machine with Starbucks.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Finally got a Govt Rate and Opening at the Westin Ottawa and stayed right before Xmas on a business trip.

Fantastic Hotel and very friendly staff. Rooms were very nice (nice beds, clean, nice TV, spacious) and so was the bathroom.

As a SPG Gold I got a nice view of Parliament.

Only issue was the shower...my leaked all over the floor. Grrrrrrrrrrr.

Ate/Drank at the Shark Club...very nice but $$$.

Internet is pricey but very fast.

Overall a great experience and will definitely try to make this my usual haunt for Ottawa.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
TheWestinOttawa, General Manager at The Westin Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2012

Dear morphuis909,

Thank you for your review! I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us so much that you are looking forward to coming back again in the future! I am however concerned regarding the leaky shower...if you would be so kind as to send a message to ottawa@westin.com and let us know which room number you had so we can have a look and correct the issue, we would be most appreciative.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Be well,