2,334 results
All reviewsshore clubrideau centreheavenly bedbyward marketspg memberparliament hilldirect accessself parkcorner roomdeluxe roomthird floorvalet parkingnational galleryper daychateau laurierthe location is perfectan upgrade
Reviewed January 1, 2012

This hotel is perfectly located, the staff is very nice, the pool is heated and not so small, great gym room and the view that we had from the room makes everything perfect! No doubts that if I visit Ottawa again I would stay there once more. It is not cheap, but I think it worths it!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 30, 2011

The rooms are nice and very big. We had the 2 double beds and found it very spacious. The beds are very comfortable and many choices of pillows. The bathroom is facilities where nice. There was a small fridge and a coffer machine with Starbucks.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Finally got a Govt Rate and Opening at the Westin Ottawa and stayed right before Xmas on a business trip.

Fantastic Hotel and very friendly staff. Rooms were very nice (nice beds, clean, nice TV, spacious) and so was the bathroom.

As a SPG Gold I got a nice view of Parliament.

Only issue was the shower...my leaked all over the floor. Grrrrrrrrrrr.

Ate/Drank at the Shark Club...very nice but $$$.

Internet is pricey but very fast.

Overall a great experience and will definitely try to make this my usual haunt for Ottawa.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
TheWestinOttawa, General Manager at The Westin Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2012

Dear morphuis909,

Thank you for your review! I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us so much that you are looking forward to coming back again in the future! I am however concerned regarding the leaky shower...if you would be so kind as to send a message to ottawa@westin.com and let us know which room number you had so we can have a look and correct the issue, we would be most appreciative.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Be well,

John J

Reviewed December 28, 2011

Normally, Westin hotels are true 5 star service hotels. However, The Westin Ottawa fills up with hockey teams between Christmas and New Year's and as a result the service levels drop to the equivalent of a 3 star or less. Avoid the restaurant for breakfast, good luck getting an elevator and don't be surprised if the staff treat you with hostility, since it is clear they are overwhelmed with the number of people crammed into the hotel for the hockey tournaments. At other times of the year this is a decent hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
TheWestinOttawa, General Manager at The Westin Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2012

Dear Tech_CEO,

Please allow me to apologize for your recent experience at The Westin Ottawa. I assure you that no matter how busy the hotel may be, we strive to provide the highest level of service to each and every guest. From your comments I can see that this was not the service you received, so rest assured I will be following up to ensure the importance of this commitment of excellence is upheld at all times and under all conditions. I hope to have the chance to welcome you back to our hotel again in the future.

Be well,
John J

Reviewed December 27, 2011

Our family spends every other Christmas at this hotel so are quite familiar with it.
It is a very good hotel but needs some attantion for it to be really excellent.
The rooms overlooking Parliamant Hilll boast one of the most iconic views in Canada, particularly with all the Christmas lights.
The beds are very comfy and the room temperature easily adjusted. Staff are invariably considerate and helpful.
Some negatives though. The coffee machine serves one cup at a time and all you get to brew it into is a paper cup! We got a microwave when we asked for one but they didn't have a toaster for our bagels. They boast how green they are but offer no towel racks if you want to hang up your towel to reuse. Low flow toilets sound like a rocket ship but no toilet brush to clean up. Valet parking is well done but I found $30 plus taxes in ottawa to be excessive.
They are very pet friendly and produced a bed, water and food bowls and mat for the dog at no charge.

Room Tip: Ask for a Rideau Canal or Parliament view
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family