$124
$165
$126
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $153/night.

$160
Priceline
$572
Hotelpower.com
2,312 results
All reviewsshore clubrideau centreheavenly bedbyward marketspg memberparliament hilldirect accessself parkcorner roomdeluxe roomthird floorvalet parkingnational gallerychateau laurierper daythe location is perfectbusiness trip
Reviewed December 9, 2011

We stayed here last weekend. We had heard Ottawa was a pretty city with the ByMarket and Rideau Center for good shopping, so thought we'd head up and do some christmas shopping. The Westin is gorgeous, very modern and up to date, great room, but the best thing about it is the location. It is attached to Rideau Centre, a very nice and huge indoor shopping mall with some upscale shops so we didn't even need to go outside to get there. It also connects to the Bay, a huge Canadian Dept Store. ByMarket was wondeful. Its a huge (about 10 blocks by 10 blocks) district of old historical storefronts (an old historical farmers market) with tons of unique restaurants, shops and bars. We spent hours walking around here. Parliment buildings were a few blocks away, an easy walk. Our room overlooked the Rideau Canal and we could see the city all lit up with xmas lights, the entire city puts up colored lights everywhere. The Westin is the place to stay if you want to get there, park the car and explore on foot! (Underground parking for 48 hrs was $20, not bad!)

Room Tip: ask for a room overlooking the canal
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
TheWestinOttawa, General Manager at The Westin Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2011

Dear mlb50,

Thank you for your comments! I am very to read that you enjoyed our hotel, and were able to take advantage of our unbeatable downtown Ottawa location! The National Capital Commission certainly does an excellent job of lighting up our beautiful city around the holidays, and I am pleased to read that you were able to enjoy their efforts from the comfort of your room after a day of convenient shopping and exploring the Byward Market.
We hope to welcome you back again in the near future!

Be well,

John J

Reviewed December 8, 2011

We always enjoy this hotel for both business and pleasure. We were back again and it didn't disappint. While our room didn't overlook the Parliament buildings and the canal the back side of the hotel is nice and quiet and has a lovely view of the city and of the Gatineau hills over the river in Quebec,
We had a room close to the elevator so we were initally concerned about noise. Not to worry. It was taken into account during a recent renovation and although one of us is a light sleeper, noise wasn't an issue.
The management of this hotel has done a great job with the staff so that all who stay are treated by welcoming Canadians as "guests" not customers. The hotel is in the heart of downtown so whether its the terrific National Gallery and sightseeing,terrific shopping or a business meeting that brings you to the hotel, you'll sleep well and have a great time.

Room Tip: If you haven't visited before ask for a room on the front of the hotel overlloking the parliament buidings and the canal.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 29, 2011

This is my fourth stay in three years at this hotel. On my second visit I arrived at 11:30 PM and was given a room that hadn't been cleaned (not what you want after a full day of travel); on my third visit I was given a room by the elevator (which I had to move from after two nights because of noise) and when I checked in the staff person had an exceedingly poor attitude. On this visit I wasn't sure what to expect.

The rooms at the hotel are very nice -- I had one that has been modernized and was comfortable for one person, but had there been two people (in a king bed room) it would have been inconvenient given there was only one chair for sitting (a colleague had a room across the hall with two queens and that room had two chairs). The bathroom had a walk-in shower (quite nice) and was more than adequate. However, the amenities provided were different on different days (4 night stay), depending on the service staff. On day three a shoe shine cloth and mouth wash appeared and a fresh bar of soap and shampoo were left. Also, while the bathroom was spotless in the usual places (floor, toilet, vanity), there was a fuzz accumulation in the corners where the tiles on the top half of were separate from the wallpaper on the bottom half. I wasn't impressed.

Some negatives tended to reflect lack of attention by supervisors or management. The "heavenly bed's" bottom sheet was threadbare (to the point of having pin holes from wear) and I had to request packets of coffee one day because none had been left when the room was serviced. There was one other issue for me: soundproofing wasn't great so that one would hear when others walked up/down the hall (when I was by the elevator on a previous stay I could hear the elevator "ding" every time it arrived on the floor, day and night). But more disturbing is that the vacuum toilets make noise when they flush so one is aware of toilets flushed by neighbours (I assume above and next door). If you are a sound sleeper, this shouldn't be an issue.

One general statement about Westin is that their soap and shampoo is very heavily scented. I always forget to bring my own and then I end up smelling like their soap and shampoo the rest of the day. Not really keeping with today's sensitivity to being scent-free. If staying here, you may want to bring your own shampoo and bath soap.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the elevator
1  Thank RAKlein
Reviewed November 28, 2011

We just came back from 2nights at the Westin. I booked our room over 6 weeks ago, paid extra for Parliament view and high floor. 2 days prior to our arrival we were offered upgrade to corner room for 10 $ a night with promise of even better view. No problem,we went for it.
When we arrived in the evening girl at the SPG checkin told us we were upgraded to corner suite with wonderful view of parliament. Yes, room was great, on 24 th floor ,but you really had to put your nose against the window to see any sign of Parliament buildings.
After we spoke to reservations, we ended up going back to our original room, which happen to be on 11th floor with slightly better view. We were told "hotel is sold out"
So much for booking in advance. Also,no point of spending extra money for a view, because you not going to get it. Next time we will stay at Fairmont, it is much closer to Parliament and maybe we will get view we pay for.
Final bill was not adjusted to the original price, so we had to call and get it redone.

Today, few days after we came back I received email offering 40% off second night???
What a rip off ! What good is it for us now?

Room Tip: Rooms are large and have big windows floor to ceiling. Corner rooms look great as long as you get the room on Parliament side.
1  Thank bartekToronto
Reviewed November 23, 2011

Great for business or pleasure. 5-star service & staff. 5-star location. 5 star K-bed and linens. 4-star room & ammenities. 3.5 star elevator.

1  Thank Aalbertan