2,336 results
All reviewsshore clubrideau centreheavenly bedbyward marketspg memberparliament hilldirect accessself parkcorner roomdeluxe roomthird floorvalet parkingnational galleryper daychateau laurierthe location is perfectan upgrade
Reviewed August 25, 2011

This is my 3rd time staying at the Westin Ottawa, it truly felt like I was back home again. The Westin bed is to die for. It did not disappoint. Great hotel, fantastic location and excellent service throughout. This time it was winter time and the view from my room was just amazing, the view alone is worth it! The fact that it is connected to the Rideau centre makes it very convenient to go shopping without having to go outside in the cold.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Ottawa. It is within walking distance to the Parliament House, as well as Byward Markets. They also have great wheelchair accessible rooms with ample of space, great views and roll-in showers if required.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 23, 2011

bad service and arrogant staff, combined with an ageing hotel. i finally gave up and crossed the road to the Laurier, which was more money, but worth 100 timesmore compared to the westin. this should be a holiday inn or best western, but it is not up to westin standards

Room Tip: go across the road to the laurier
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank cinhamilton
TheWestinOttawa, General Manager at The Westin Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2011

Dear cinhamilton,

I am quite concerned after reading your review of The Westin Ottawa. We have recently finished a 42 million dollar hotel-wide renovation, therefore I was surprised to read that you felt our hotel was showing its age. More alarming, however, were your comments regarding the service you received while staying with us. I assure you that this is not consistent with the experience of most of our guests. Our guest satisfaction surveys and Trip Advisor reviews consistently commend our staff for being helpful and courteous, and so I invite you to contact me directly at jjarvis@westin.com should you wish to provide more specific feedback regarding any issues you faced. I apologize for the negative experience you had with us, and I hope that you will choose to give The Westin Ottawa another chance in the future.

Be well,
John J

Reviewed August 22, 2011

The hotel is right across the street from the Rideau Canal. Excellent service but wifi should be included in the rate of the room and this is why I haven't given 5 stars. It is very well located in the centre of Ottawa.
Directly connected to one of the best shopping malls in the city and also close to the market area which is good for eating and drinks.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2011

A very comfortable modern hotel with all the amenities. Directly attaches to Rideau Centre one of the best shopping malls in the city. Its also closely located to the market area which is good for dinning and drinks.

I would have given it 5 stars except for the following :

The telephone reservations team messed up my dates (booked it for the wrong year!) local staff was able to sort it out but it lead to a long check in time. Thankfully they still had rooms!

There was a rather large conference in the hotel when I was there...had to wait 15-20 minutes for an elevator during peak times. This was a real problem during the conference breaks...As I had plenty of time to wait it was certainly a topic of discussion with other guests stuck with the situation. Again local staff to the rescue as one of the porters offered to give us a lift in the service elevator.

Checkout on a Saturday morning only had 1 (very over worked but nice) staff member to handle the long line of people trying to check out before 12:00. There was plenty of staff in the lobby but nobody seemed willing (or able) to help process the guests that were waiting.

Overall I would certainly return...you may want to however check to see if they have any big events booked prior to committing.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tsubasa99
Reviewed August 20, 2011

We stayed for 3 nights in 2 rooms with 3 children. The rooms are large and sunny. the service was excellent. Everyone went out of their way to remember our names and to provide what we needed. The hotel is very noisy, however. We could hear toilets flushing on 3adjacent sides, conversations in the hall are NOT private, and a crying baby 3 doors down woke me in the middle of the night. That makes it a 3 star star, but since that means "avaerage" on Trip Advisor, I gave it a 4.

Room Tip: There are great offers at the Westin. Just ask. Reservation desk is super about searching, explaining all the possibilities.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family