Residence Inn Ottawa Downtown
$129
$236
$198
  • Restaurant
The Business Inn & Suites(Ottawa)(Great Value!)
$126
  • Breakfast included
$139
$136
1,123 results
All reviewsfull kitchengreat locationparliament hillbyward marketone bedroom suiteottawa downtownlarge living roomtim hortonswithin walking distanceparking garage isfree breakfastconfederation parkthe sofa bedwasher dryerbit datedhot breakfastyogurt
Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

I normally stay here when it Ottawa. I got a one bedroom corner room. The staff are helpful, the breakfast was plentiful and the location is central. Having a kitchen is a bonus. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Douglas C, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Ottawa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Dear Janet N,

Thank you for continuing to choose the Residence Inn for your visits to Ottawa. Your continued support of our property is the best compliment we can receive! We hope to continue to see you for years to come.

I am so happy to hear that our staff continue to provide the best service, and you enjoy our complimentary breakfasts! Everything you need to start the day off right!

If you ever need anything in the future, please do not hesitate to reach me by any of the below means. I look forward to your return!

Douglas Crosbie

613-231-2020
Douglas.crosbie@marriott.com

Reviewed November 26, 2013

This was the first time we stayed at this location and it was great! There was a little blip at check-in (we were bumped to another hotel as they were overbooked), however this was the first time that we've been bumped and it was a bit annoying after a long drive to find out that we weren't staying there and would have to move the next day but the hotel was great at finding us a place. We were in Ottawa as our son (Carleton U student) had dental surgery & needed us to drive/pick up from the hospital & he stayed that night with us. The hotel was so great at getting what we needed for him (special diet restrictions) and were so thoughtful; it was very nice. This hotel was directly around the corner from the Lord Elgin and so close to everything, underground parking and a very nice fitness club & pool. The breakfast buffet was excellent and better than most and the servers were so attentive and polite. There was one girl (breakfast server, sorry I'm bad with names L...) that was so great; she went out of her way to find a place that we could get a variety of soups delivered for my son for dinner.

Room Tip: the corner rooms are very spacious.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear M B,

Thank you so much for the kind words, and I am glad to hear that even though we had some problems with your booking, we were able to get you what you needed and assist with your stay in Ottawa. I do hope your son is recovering well from his surgery. I am very sorry about having to relocate you for one night, and I know how frustrating that can be. We can’t thank you enough for your understanding and patience with this matter.

At Residence Inn we want all of our guests to feel like we are their home away from home, and we pride ourselves in ability to provide some of the best service in the city. Our team are eager to help, and we focus our attention on ensuring that we make everything as easy as possible for our guests.

If you should ever need anything in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. I can't thank you enough!

Douglas Crosbie

613-231-2020
douglas.crosbie@marriott.com

Reviewed November 16, 2013

As there were four of us, we stayed in a suite which was HUGE. It comprised two large well-equipped bedrooms, 1 en-suite, and an enormous lounge with a well-equipped kitchen. One of the bedrooms also had a small integral kitchen. You could easily live there! The hotel does a good breakfast which changes everyday, and on several evenings a week - a complimentary buffet. It's very well located, with most parts of the city only a few minutes walk away. The hotel has it's own underground car park too. It's clean, comfortable, well-equipped, and the staff are very pleasant. Couldn't really ask for much more.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Shropshireladd
Douglas C, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Ottawa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Great feedback Shropshireladd!

I can’t thank you enough for taking the time to share your experience. We believe that our location and suites make for a great stay for business or pleasure.

We take pride in our rooms and complimentary breakfast. As you mentioned, we even host evening social hours on select nights as a thank you to our guests.

If you ever need anything in the future, or would like to talk about your stay, I would be happy to hear from you. I can be reached at 613-231-2020 or at douglas.crosbie@marriott.com.

Regards,

Reviewed November 14, 2013

We stayed at the Marriott Residence Inn for 3 nights in late October. It was my wife, son, and I there on a combination of business/leisure. Overall, we enjoyed staying at this property. The location is great, about an 8-10 minute walk to the Rideau Centre and Byward Market. You really are in the middle of it all at this hotel.

Check-in was easy, although some may be confused by the fact that the main lobby is actually on the 4th floor of the building. The room we were assigned was nice and included all the ammenities we needed for our stay. I will say that this particular Residence Inn ranks lower than others I have stayed at in terms of "decor", for example the appliances are older/smaller/white whereas in Moncton for example they are more modern stainless steel. We found the best value at this property to be the breakfast which is included. It was excellent.

Overall, a great stay and I will likely stay there again on my next trip to Ottawa. I personally think it is the best value for money and location for a suite hotel in that particular area of downtown.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear newf1982,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at the Residence Inn by Marriott in Ottawa! Your feedback is extremely valuable for both our hotel, and future guests.

I am happy to see you had a great stay, and our great location and spacious suites met your needs. Our breakfasts are very popular, and help create additional value for guests travelling to Ottawa.

It was our pleasure to have you as our guests, and we hope to see you again in the future. For any questions or upcoming stays, it would be my pleasure to help. I can be reached at 613-231-2020 or douglas.crosbie@marriott.com.

Regards,

Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

We went there in July with our kids one of which was visiting from California... She had never seen Ottawa... We chose this place because it accepted our 4 legged family member... We get there after a 4 hour drive to find that they gave away our suite...they did find us another hotel "les suites" we contacted corporate and received a free nights stay...we used it this weekend and I have to tell you even free I will never stay there again!!! You hear every water running every toilet flush and the suite was not even a suite .....it was obnoxious how noisy it was...don't walk away RUN!!! Les Suites was less expensive more centrally located and QUIET!! We used our FREE night and stayed for 2 and it was $300 and the only add on was a $38 bottle of wine!!! Don't walk RUN!!!!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank NMarie A
Douglas C, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Ottawa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Dear NMarie A,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with your fellow TripAdvisor members.

I am very sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay with us. Our General Manager will be in touch with you to speak to you about your concerns.

Take care,